cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error load dashboard.

Acop9
Honored Guest

So I have a computer that I news on a Sim rig. I just purchased a Oculus Quest 2. I took it to my buddies house and it hooked right in absolutely no issues. Brought it back to my location today system reset back to factory data and hooked it into our computer. Downloading the Oculus program and steamvr. Since the games I will be using are mostly from Steam. I went to go play assetto corsa. But the fatal error message shows up and won't load steam dashboard. However sometimes it does load the dashboard but the fatal error and metal logo reappear on top of it and I cannot click or control the dashboard. I'm getting very frustrated since I have seen multiple people by their units download the software and it works instantly. 

I have deleted the software multiple times Read download it. Reset the headset multiple times reconfigured it. Bought multiple cables which all gave the same results. Take it back over to my buddies house and it hooks to his computer just fine. Why is there no code attached with the fatal error message and how can I get this to work before I give it away.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Acop9! Thank you so much for reaching out! Nothing is worse than things breaking when you're trying to game, so let's get to the bottom of this! You mentioned that Quest link works when attempting with your friend's computer but it does not with yours so that gives us an idea of where to start. We'd like to ask you a few questions to ensure we're not running around in circles.

• Please provide your computer specs
  • Have you updated your graphics card drivers recently?
  • Have you ever been able to get this feature to work?
  • Can you provide a screenshot of the error you are receiving?

We appreciate you taking the time to get this information over to us, we're looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Acop9! Just checking in to see if you saw our last message? Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?