cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Suggestion: Bed Mode Zone

MainFragger
Level 4
I watch a lot of video and vr video while laying in bed.  And I tend to turn out my lights while doing so.  This presents two problems.  1. The zone borders show up on my video because I only have the choice of Room Tracking or Stationary Tracking.   I would like to suggest adding a sub menu option that allows you to choose whether stationary tracking is Standing, Sitting, or Laying Down.  Or to turn tracking off altogether.  If I am stationary, there is little reason for it.  2.  When you turn lights out, it gives you messages that the lights have been turned off and that it lost tracing.  It gives you a continue button, but if you don't click on it the second you see it, it gets stuck on the screen and you can't clear it away.  The only way to get back to your video is to turn the lights back on. This is not really what I want to do.  I watch a lot of my videos before I go to sleep for the night, and I don't really want the lights burning while I do it.  Whats more, I don't really want the lights on once I am done for the night and want to go to sleep.  I want to Netflix and Chill..not Netflix and ARRRRRRGH! THE LIGHT! HSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

4 REPLIES 4

Eiximenis_
Level 2

This is what I sent them. Not that I feel that they are going to use it...

@MainFragger wrote:
I watch a lot of video and vr video while laying in bed.  And I tend to turn out my lights while doing so.  This presents two problems.  1. The zone borders show up on my video because I only have the choice of Room Tracking or Stationary Tracking.   I would like to suggest adding a sub menu option that allows you to choose whether stationary tracking is Standing, Sitting, or Laying Down.  Or to turn tracking off altogether.  If I am stationary, there is little reason for it.  2.  When you turn lights out, it gives you messages that the lights have been turned off and that it lost tracing.  It gives you a continue button, but if you don't click on it the second you see it, it gets stuck on the screen and you can't clear it away.  The only way to get back to your video is to turn the lights back on. This is not really what I want to do.  I watch a lot of my videos before I go to sleep for the night, and I don't really want the lights burning while I do it.  Whats more, I don't really want the lights on once I am done for the night and want to go to sleep.  I want to Netflix and Chill..not Netflix and ARRRRRRGH! THE LIGHT! HSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I definitely prefer "Bed mode" description. There is one alternative use case for this mode. Imagine you want to play a PS Game or a PC one. Say Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider is not optimized for Quest 2 controllers. In fact, it becomes unplayable! Tomb Raider (and I imagine many more) counts on the fact that all four buttons are on one side and the joystick on the other, so you can use any button and the joystick at the same time. Quest 2 has splitted the buttons, so you cannot use the joystick AND some buttons at the same time.

Anyway, the point here is that you would surely need to use a PS Controller to control the game (maybe directly attached to the quest). If you have that "bed mode" operative, you should be able to use the external controller from the boot up, without having to go back and forth from external controllers to oculus ones in order to choose the game you want to play to.

Here is what I sent them...

There is something missing in Oculus OS. The ability to jump to "Night mode" where the controllers position is lost. Use case: You ended up your day and you are going to sleep. Instead of taking the tablet or phone to play some tv, you take the Oculus Quest 2. When the oculus boot up, they tell you that you are not able to run them because you don't have light in the room.

There should be a "dark night mode" where you would be able to move through the menus using only the joysticks of the controllers, without controller position. Clearly that option wouldn't work for games, but it would be enough for most Video apps.

mikeykevin78
Level 3

Having similar problems playing games on a bed.Having problems reaching low items in games. I've tried adjusting and resetting guardian, recentering, boundaries, floor level, ect. I have to sit on a bed and in games items that are low to the ground I can't get the controllers to go down far enough to reach\interact. I hit the bed and can't go any lower. So I have problems reloading guns, interacting with items, sometimes even opening doors. Any suggestions?

Having problems reaching low items in games. I've tried adjusting and resetting guardian, recentering, boundaries, floor level, ect. I have to sit on a bed and in games items that are low to the ground I can't get the controllers to go down far enough to reach\interact. I hit the bed and can't go any lower. So I have problems reloading guns, interacting with items, sometimes even opening doors. Any suggestions?