cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally was able to fix tracking issues on Rift S (hands and head freezing)

UnfoldingBoot
Honored Guest
So for the last 3 days I had been painfully troubleshooting the issue of my hands and head freezing after a few minutes of play. I wont list everything I tried because I feel like it's the same as you all, EVERYTHING lol. From changing USB power options to reinstalling windows 10, nothing would work. I had seen many buying the "oculus recommended" PCIe USB card to no avail so I got this one instead 
https://www.amazon.com/FebSmart-Self-Powered-Technology-No-Additional-FS-U4-Pro/dp/B072LS4JH7/ref=mp...
I no longer have any issues, just got out of an hour long Zerocaliber session and I am thrilled, the Rift S is working flawlessly and the tracking is wonderful. For three days I was concerned that I had a faulty product and I'm relieved that's not the case. If you're having the problem of tracking dropping after a minute or two, I hope this helps!
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still doing ok @UnfoldingBoot ? I have usually bought Startech which also worked better than the recommended Inatech cards which needed Microsoft's own Drivers instead.
So what is with all these...the Manufacturer's Drivers or the Speed they try to force on what is connected like 3.1 protocols over 3? The old RIFT  only needed USB2 but they wanted the HMD to be USB3 to cope with the extra features the Software added as it grew just as the RAM footprint did also. Even though USB3.1 increases speeds it maybe not be as consistent. Perhaps it's the quality of the cable or the added extra 1m!
RIFT S recommends USB3.0 so maybe issues via USB3.1 on many Motherboards so perhaps the Front USB are the 3.0

What is your Motherboard's USB HUB Drivers that you couldn't get working...ASMedia?
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?