cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find oculus email? Or transfer game to another account? Or merge all accounts?

putaindebordel
Honored Guest

Hello all,

This has been a very frustrating experience. Someone gifted me a Quest 2. I didn't want to use my current FaceBook account (because just let me play without harvesting my data, thanks), so I created a new Oculus account (or whatever this was).

A year or more later, I can't remember the email associated to my Quest 2 admin account. So I cannot cast the screen on my PC because I need the email to login. I searched everywhere in the Quest 2 interface, but it seems there's no way to show the email of the admin account??

So I tried connecting my old facebook account, but now they are two separate accounts on the Quest 2 and I can't access the games I bought through the admin account... I can't find how to transfer games from one account to another (I don't know if this is even possible), or how to merge accounts. I now have a mix of FaceBook, Oculus, Meta, email or whatever accounts...

So no other choice than to rely on support I guess. Already sent a private message, but to be honest I had to ask again for help publicly because I'm very frustrated.

Please help a fellow human play and screencast his game.

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey putaindebordel, thank you for reaching out. We do see that you've also already reached out to us via our PM. We will be continuing our conversation on there! If you have any questions or concerns we are happy to answer them via PM. We're looking forward to hearing back from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

marumaruro95
Honored Guest

I EXACTLY HAVE the same problem. And because of this, they're prompting me to rebuy the apps, which is very scam like if I must say

Hey marumaruro95, totally understand your concern of not being able to log into the original account with your games. No body wants to be locked out from their purchases so although we do not merge accounts, we will gladly help you get access to your original account. We'll need to gather some information about the original account that has your purchases so shoot us a private message so we can take care of this discreetly for you! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

tiernanpearson
Honored Guest

Having the same issue, I have some account on my quest but I can’t find the email. Now we have to set up meta horizons and all that just to use our quests and I can’t without my account info

Hey there! We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We love to help you out but need to verify some details. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Hey again! If you still need help, please reach out in a private message. We will be happy to help you out!

LAM0812
Honored Guest

Did it get resolved? I got my son an Pculus for Christmas but was not aware that I had to use MY FACEBOOK email to do this set up. I had already purchased games under another email and am trying to link that account which is NOT connected to a Facebook to my the account through Fb which is connected to the oculus. I have went to ADD accounts and it won’t connect. Not sure if that is ever where I need to go.

Hey there, LAM0812! We don't like to see our users have this kind of issue. We know how important it is to be able to play the games you've purchased. You should send us a PM so we can look into this further for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

putaindebordel
Honored Guest

Support helped me get the email address linked to my admin account, yes. I had to provide them (amongst other information) the serial number of the headset, and to find it I had to watch a YOUTUBE video because it's explained nowhere else (that I could find). The help says, "gently remove the left strap on the headset", well I had no clue what it meant since not a single picture is provided.

Support did not merge accounts together, so I still have a mess of Facebook, email, Oculus and Meta accounts... but at least I can move forward...

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?