cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for Sensor Disconnection Issue

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've just started rolling out a possible fix for the repeated sensor disconnection issue. This is a problem that could cause the sensor to disconnect while idle on certain hardware configurations. Although we had some trouble reproducing the exact problem in our lab, we have a good idea of what the core issue was and believe it may be resolved.

Some customers have already received the update, and everyone else should have it within a few hours. The update should happen automatically, but you'll have to just unplug and replug the sensor to reset its state.

I'd recommend people wait until later this evening to test and see if the fix actually resolves their issue. Either way, please report back so we can understand if the fix was a success. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
304 REPLIES 304

Ryder35
Protege
Don't have a wireless controller connected to my PC sadly

scstudios
Honored Guest
Still having CONSTANT disconnections.  The rift pretty much is useless now.  Running app version 1.7.0.263882( 1.7.0.270909).  I am windows 7 64 bit.  I have tried every usb port, usb 2 usb 3, no hubs, no other junk connected.  NOTHING works.  Everything was great before, now its not.  Now its worthless until a real fix comes out.

Speeder
Explorer
In my case, without sensor (or "Oculus VR sensor" uninstall in device manager) , the Rift don't disconnect, but you have of course not all axis movements, just rotations.

Is there a member of the Oculus team please meet us ... Please.

XMerc
Expert Protege
Tried 2 different Intateck USB 3.0 cards...both have consistent disconnect issues. Ordered 3 new USB cards with different controllers...going to try those tomorrow and i'll report back. If none of those work then i'm confident this is purely a software issue.

SimGamerNerd
Explorer
This problem is getting out of hand. I find it utterly ridiculous Oculus are not releasing a statement regarding this issue. 

Problem started just after the last Windows Update or the last Oculus Home fix or both. 

XMerc
Expert Protege
Ok guys...I have 5 different USB 3.0 cards (one is actually a USB 3.1 card), I have tried ALL of them and they all either have disconnect issues or do not work at all. These are with Fresco, Renases, VIA, ASMedisa controllers. The VIA and Renases did not work with the sensor at all but did with the head unit. The ASMedia and Fresco both work with the sensor and Head Unit but both have the same disconnect problems. The Asmedia i'm using is actually a USB 3.1 card that delivers even more power to the sensor than the Inateck USB 3.0 card does. So it can't be a hardware issue as none of the USB 3.0/3.1 cards work. And they work just fine with my other devices like mouse,keyboard, etc. This IS a software/firmware conflict either with Oculus or Windows and i'm leaning towards the Oculus software. We need a fix for this as it's exhausting constantly getting disconnect issues...BTW as noted before some apps cause disconnects more frequently than others. Currently I use the Oculus Video app to test as it provides the most disconnect problems that I have seen.

scstudios
Honored Guest
What video cards are people using?  I have a gtx 970 and know that nvidia drivers 368.39 and 372.70 both do not work.  The drivers are fine for everything else. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received my Rift on May 10th and have been using it regularly since then. I participate in iRacing sessions that last from half an hour to a little over an hour several times a week. 

Before last Thursday I had never experienced this fade to black phenomenon. Now it is happening regularly, usually within the first ten minutes of a session. Running other games like ESPER it also blacks out periodically.

No hardware changes were made before it started. I thought there had been no software updates, but looking back at my system history it does show there was a Windows Cumulative Update version 1607 installed on August 31. That does coincide with the start of my issues, but I don't know if that is just coincidence. 

Like others here I have experimented with moving the sensor and headset USB connections around, but nothing has resolved the issue.  My motherboard is an MSI Z97S and the onboard USB 3.0 passes the Compatibility Test. I had been using its USB ports without issue, but yesterday I went and purchased the "recommended" Inateck Fresco Logic FL1100EX chipset PCI card. Trying various combinations of that cards USB ports and the Windows vs Fresco drivers also did not resolve the issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the issue pretty bad before fix (once every 5 minutes or so).  Since the fix I haven't had any disconnects so it worked for me.

MrGhostbones
Explorer
I had the occasional sensor disconnection before the patch, now since the Patch its about every 30 seconds...