cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor calibration issue - Quest 2

Greekanadian
Protege
I haven't tested this in any games as of yet to see if it actually as an impact, as it was just something I happened to notice, which I swear was not like this the numerous times up until now I've had to re-do the Guardian setup since it seemingly randomly forgets it and forces me to redo it.

Anyway, when I set the floor level, ie: crouch down and move the floor down to the floor then stand back up, the floor "moves up" with  me by approximately 1 foot.

Then when I am drawing the outline of my play space, the "floor" that it is drawing on is not the floor, it's about 1 foot ABOVE the floor, making it really difficult to draw the guardian boundary. Instead of previously being able to just stand in one place and spin around drawing on the floor, I had to physically walk to the corners of the area, point at the ground, paint a dot, then connect all the perimeter dots together to complete the floor plan.

I did not previously have to do this and it seemingly just started happening as of today. I grabbed my Quest 2, put it on my head, it turned on as usual - forgetting the guardian as it usually does, but when I went through the setup again I noticed this was all messed up.

While in the Quest 2 home area I placed the controller on the floor then stood up straight to look at the controller and the floor to see if it looked like it was in the right place, and it seemed alright, but I haven't tested it in any games as of yet. Nothing in my space has changed. There have been no lights removed or added from the space, it's identical.

What the heck? Anyone else experiencing this? It really threw me off when I was setting up the guardian as I had never seen this in all previous room setups.
18 REPLIES 18

sam_cat_904750
Honored Guest
It's a fairly common bug with the Quest 2, there is currently no fix.

G01
Honored Guest

Greekanadian 
I have the same issue right now and i don't know how to fix it. I hope Oculus will release an update that will fix this.

Kind regards

G01
Honored Guest

Greekanadian 
Have you tried factory resetting the Quest 2?

Mariovsky
Explorer

Exactly the same issue. Anybody found a fix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue hoping for a fix

Loczearo
Honored Guest

I was using the space in my garage and everything was working fine until yesterday. Thought perhaps it was the humidity and warm temps, so I brought it inside the house till it cooled down and tried again, but the same issue remained. Paid a nice sum of money for this piece of equipment. It would be only fair for Oculus to get a patch out quickly, because it seems that this has been an issue for over a year.

og.billprinter
Explorer

i have the same problem

Sub.Siro
Explorer

I have the same issue, and after long research regarding this issue I FINALLY found only one SOLUTION that fixes this issue for me, hope it will also works with you, kindly follow the following steps:

1- Keep sure hand tracking is ON and you should know how to use your hands instead of the controllers.

2- Turn OFF your oculus.

3- Turn ON your oculus far away from the controllers.

4- Now use your hands to setup your guardian. <it should work normally now>

5- Then return back to your controllers.

6- Try to redraw the guardian again using the controller, and hopefully it will work normally now.

7- restart your oculus and try again with controllers.

8- if it works normally just give me a hug 😄

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!! I stopped playing for months after not being able to fix this issue. Thank you!!