cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder transfer to Quest aborts after about 3 GB

Labi25
Honored Guest

Hey, i am trying to transfer a mod which is about 6 GB big to my quest, sadly after about 3 GB there is a short notification sound from my Windows explorer, without an explicit error message and the transfer stops.

When i try to retry it and chose to skip the files that are already on, nothing at all happens.
I tried different cables and USB ports and i have about 15 GB available on my quest. I heard from other people that they had this issue too with files above the 3 GB mark.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Labi25! We definitely want for you to be able to transfer files to your headset without issue! In order for us to look into this, can you reply here with more info:

1. Is this only happening with game mods, or with other files as well? We are not able to offer support for manually modifying game files on the device.
  2. Are you trying to move a single 6GB file onto the headset, or multiple smaller files? The headset uses a FAT32 file system that is limited in the total size of individual files it can handle to 4GB or smaller.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Labi25! We just wanted to follow up and see if you are still having issues with your folder transfer. We are here to help. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?