cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot Password, changed it, message: “there’s another account associated with this headset”

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot passwords to Oculus and FB accounts. Changed both thru "forgot password”. Headset now says “The device is connected to another account. Log into this account or reset the device to use another one. I’ve bought several games and am concerned I will not be able to access them if I reset the device. HELP!!!

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thank you for notifying us of this issue. It's important you have access to your account when needed. Forgetting passwords can seem alarming, but we're here to help!

There's a few things we need to verify:

• Full name as it appears on your Oculus account
  • Current alias/username as it appears on your Oculus account
  • Email address linked to the account

Once we verify this information, we can pull up your account and send a personalized password reset link to your email. Then we can unlink Facebook and have you login with the new password and relink Facebook if needed!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! We just wanted to check back in with you. Did you still need assistance? 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Sorry, been ill.

***PII removed by moderator***

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?