cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot pattern

HarpJackAlea
Honored Guest

I have access to my phone app. I have my pin. But forgot my pattern to play locked games. I can still buy things. But can’t use them. What’s my pattern? App won’t let my rest with my

pin ( and I know what it is). I do not want to rest as my kids have all kinds of saved game files. If you do not fix this, we will be forced to not use this console. Please help. With our resetting .

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @HarpJackAlea. We can definitely understand that this would be a huge issue, not having access to play any games after forgetting the unlock pattern. If you're unable to reset the unlock pattern with your pin with the steps below, then a factory reset would be the only other option for getting it removed, after which you can add a new one.

• Open the Oculus app and tap Menu.
  • Tap Devices.
  • Select your headset then swipe down to Headset Settings, and tap Unlock Pattern.
  • Tap Remove Unlock Pattern.
  • Enter your PIN and tap Submit.

If this doesn't work, here's the steps for a factory reset. Make sure to enable cloud back up before you do so. You can use this link for steps. You won't lose any games since they're all attached to the account, however there are a select few games that don't save to the cloud, but rather to the headset itself.

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button

The device should now begin the Factory Reset process. Let us know how things turn out, we'll be looking forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @HarpJackAlea! We just wanted to check in with you, we hope the steps provided helped you get your pattern reset! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?