cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot pattern

Thepropato
Honored Guest

I think o forgot my pattern because when i entered my oculus quest 2 i try my pattern that its hard to forgot and It says

"Se produjo un error un intenta de nuevo"

Or in english

An error occurred please try again

But then i checked a place i have the pattern to make Shure i dont forgot and It was correct pattern and i havent changed It so i think its an error o something and i tryed yo restart the oculus and nothing changed but now when i try using the Mobile app it asks me for the pattern and It still not working

7 REPLIES 7

Thepropato
Honored Guest

Please dont tell me to reset to fabric i wish there Is other solution

Hello there! We see you're having trouble resetting your pattern, we understand this can be frustrating because it prevents you from enjoying your device, but don't worry, we've got your back. We make every effort to see that you are taken care of as soon as possible.

Without access to the Oculus mobile app, the only way to remove the Unlock Pattern from the headset is to factory reset it. Just a reminder that factory resetting the device will erase all data, so please make sure cloud backup is turned on before factory resetting. Otherwise, remove the unlock pattern using the Oculus Mobile app.

• From the Oculus mobile app

• Open the Oculus app and tap Menu.

• Tap Devices.

• Select your headset then swipe down to Headset Settings, and tap Unlock Pattern.

• Tap Remove Unlock Pattern.

• Enter your PIN and tap Submit

If you are still having problems after following these steps, please open a support ticket here and one of our experts will gladly assist you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I did that and it’s making me do the pattern on my phone too but I don’t remember it so I can’t do anything 

Hey ViiZioN_Ox, we know how worrisome it can be to not remember your PIN since it's required to purchase games. We'll help you fix it as quickly as possible! We'll want to perform a Cloud Backup and a Factory Reset so that the device acts as if you had initially set it up for the first. Here's how to do that:

First,

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

Then,

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If that does not solve your issue, please reach out to our Online Support Team so they can provide more advanced and thorough troubleshooting options.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Resetting is not an option as I will lose all my data. Make a way to reset the pattern with an update. My quest 2 is under warranty still and I will return it and get my money back if this does not happen in 30 days.

Hello, Cyberdiver1! We are sad to hear that you forgot your pattern and are even more disappointed that you can't play your games because we have been in your position before. But don't worry; we've got your back. Here is a link to perform a cloud save, which you should do first, and instructions on how to perform a factory reset, which is the only way to reset the pattern.

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
Tap the headset connected to your phone.
Tap Advanced Settings.
Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

Turn off your headset.
Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

We are here for you Buddy let us know if this helps.

Howdy Cyberdiver1! We are checking on you to see whether you need assistance with your pattern don't be afraid to reach us.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?