cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum's gone missing?

crevver
Explorer
I just lost some massive threads and categories like "Works in Progress". Is there a re-org of the threads, if so which ones are going and staying?

-C

:cry:
7 REPLIES 7

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, I started moving everything around to prepare for the new forum.

Nothing has been deleted, though some sections have been combined together or renamed.

For example, your Works in Progress thread is probably in the Showcase somewhere.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

crevver
Explorer
Thanks for the quick reply, you the man Cyber...err, are you a dude lol 😛

cybereality
Grand Champion
No worries. And, yes, I am a dude (at least in real life).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

joan
Protege
It was nice to have the "Stereoscopic 3D" sub forum dedicated to discussions about stereo rigs, omni-stereo renders and toolchains, images and videos samples, sphere/plane projections, etc.

The message frequency was not as high as some other sub-forums and I fear topics will be lost in the mass. I'm not sure where it got merged into anyway, as the subject is transversal to devices and none of the new categories seem to fit.

Is there a chance to have a development forum dedicated to content production of stereo images and videos ?
It's a bit like the "Audio" and "Game design" categories but for passive stereo content which is equally important imho.

richhard1
Protege
loving the new forum layout ready for the big announcement tomorrow 🙂
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

mediavr
Protege
"joan" wrote:
It was nice to have the "Stereoscopic 3D" sub forum dedicated to discussions about stereo rigs, omni-stereo renders and toolchains, images and videos samples, sphere/plane projections, etc.

The message frequency was not as high as some other sub-forums and I fear topics will be lost in the mass. I'm not sure where it got merged into anyway, as the subject is transversal to devices and none of the new categories seem to fit.

Is there a chance to have a development forum dedicated to content production of stereo images and videos ?
It's a bit like the "Audio" and "Game design" categories but for passive stereo content which is equally important imho.

They are in PC Development -- but yes it needs it own subforum -- all those posts are lost forever effectively if not-- and new posts will rapidly disappear.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, I wanted to cut down on all the various sub-forums especially ones with low traffic. Most of them (like Stereo 3D) were merged into "PC Development". I know this isn't perfect, but it didn't make sense to have a whole sub-forum when it gets only a few posts in a week.

Feel free to post in the closest section you can find. Ideally, development related questions should be in the development section, though (if you're not sure) you can always post in the General forum if it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Thanks.