cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen home screen

beau_pep
Honored Guest

New to VR. Not super tech savvy. Our Oculus Quest 2 is frozen on what I would call the “homescreen”. I can see the tool bar/app bar at the bottom of the screen but it’s sitting farther down than it usually is. The controllers are not working with the headset. I’ve tried the following to see if it can be fixed without doing a factory reset:

• rebooted headset
  • unpaired controllers/re-paired controllers
  • pressing menu on the left controller while pushing the power button 
  • powering down for 24 hrs 

I have attached what the screen looks like when powered on. I can move slightly left or right but not all the way around like I have prior to this issue. (You can’t see the tool/app bar at the bottom, this was the best picture I could get) 
Please help!  

9A4EB604-CE3B-427B-8BB0-BAF75AEEB196.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @beau_pep. We definitely understand how concerning this must be, being stuck in the home environment unable to move or look around would definitely take out of your VR experience. We'd be glad to help! Seeing as the troubleshooting you've already tried didn't help, we would recommend trying a factory reset to see how that turns out. 

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset.
  • Press and hold volume down & Power.
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu.
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection.
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button.
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @beau_pep. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!