cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GF Cant use Quest 2 w/o PC going to sleep

MrUnsleep
Protege

The title says it, but here are the details: 

When my girlfriend uses Oculus Link to try to play a game, whether through air link or wired connection to her desktop PC, after a short time ranging from just a few minutes to a half hour,  her PC seems to go to sleep and is frozen that way, unable to be awakened,  with the tv acting as though the PC isn't giving any input. The Oculus freezes also.  

This never happens in any other situation, and all the "energy saver", "sleep", "hibernate" or anything of the like is turned off on both devices. 

I have a Quest 2 as well, and this never happens to me - and our desktops are identical and more than powerful enough to play any modern game on the maximum settings. No overheating issues or anything of that like. So that being the case + her PC never having any issue like this except with the Oculus means her PC is not the issue. (and that is why I haven't included specs)

Seen that a few others have had this kind of problem but have yet to see any solutions to it. Seriously starting to get desperate, as we got these devices to play together. I've already had tons of accessibility issues with mine due to being disabled (which I have another thread about, btw), and now, just as I start getting mine to work better, hers is making it impossible for her to do more than log in and claim her weekly Oculus rewards. 

ANY help, suggestions, random ideas, thoughts, actual solutions or especially a reply from anyone who works for the company that got our money well over a year ago, while we've barely played a handful of hours of VR, would be really appreciated. 

Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6

MrUnsleep
Protege

Cool. 18 views no replies. 

Might as well add that even though family sharing is on with her account, she can't see my games to play them, either. 

Between the lack of resolution of issues, lack of communication from both anyone at Meta and the "community", and the extremely disappointing lack of support for the disabled, wheelchair-bound and bed-bound especially, on many games and generally on the Meta Quest 2 itself.... Seriously regretting this whole thing. 

Hello @MrUnsleep, first we would like to say a big thank you for your patience with us. Just know your concerns well never go ignored by us. Let's get straight to it, we advise you to please collect your girlfriend's PC logs, we went ahead and listed the steps down below: 

• To get Oculus Logs:
  1. Please connect your Oculus device to your computer.
  2. Find your Oculus installation directory (Generally this will be located at 'C:\Program Files\Oculus')
  3. Navigate to Support and then oculus-diagnostics
  4. Select Get All Logs
  5. This will create a .zip file on your desktop. Please attach that zip file to your reply

Once, you are able to collet the logs then please, slide on over to our customer support, and we will be sure to take care of you and your girlfriend! We hope to hear from you soon. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I see no way to attach a zip file to this reply, so I sent the zip file to customer support. Thank you for replying! We have tried multiple times to get notice and you're the first to try to help 🙂 

Hey there! We are so happy to hear that we were able to help, and rest assured that you're in good hands with our customer support. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to hit us up. We are here to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Well, it looks like this problem has reared it's ugly head again! Same exact issue, only I can't find the fix. :x 

Hey MrUnsleep, we understand you're facing the same issue once again and know how upsetting a repeated issue can be. We're happy to help and will try to resolve this as quickly as possible!

Please give these steps a try:

1. Disconnect the Link Cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Backup any necessary content.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

If this doesn't assist with the issue, we'd suggest following the earlier steps to getting your logs sent over to our customer support team as they'll be able to view that logs file and troubleshoot with their expertise. We hope to have this resolved for you soon!