cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game referral issues / questions

ssquard
Honored Guest

I was going to send a game referral to a friend and when I go to my referral section in the mobile app and go to the App Referrals tab it only has one game I can choose. The one I want to send a referral for is Walkabout Mini Golf. I have not seen anywhere that it is exempt from the referral program and I have seen numerous links online from other people so I assume it is eligible for referral.

Also when my wife or my son check their mobile app they don't even have a tab for App Referrals, so what gives there?

I may be an idiot and just overlooking something simple, but any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Ssquard, our apologies regarding the misunderstanding. We understand that this answer may not be satisfactory towards you, but due to the game currently being on sale it's ineligible to receive 25% off as our discounts do not stack. Despite this, we're always keeping our customer's best interest in mind and will have other deals and promotions to look forward to in the future. Stay safe, and happy gaming!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, we understand the inconvenience that comes when things don't work as intended. We'd love to help you get into the giving spirit and get that referral link working! First though, could you confirm that you meet the following criteria to ensure that you as well as your friend are eligible to receive/send referral links?

• The new account cannot already be associated with a Meta Quest 2 product.
  • The referral recipient must be registering a new Meta Quest 2 (not refurbished, and not previously registered to another account)
  • Both users must be in the same country.

We'd also suggest power cycling any devices that're currently involved in the referral process. Shoot us a message at your earliest convenience, and we'd be more than glad to continue assisting you today!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I think you may be confused or maybe I didn't explain the issue properly, I am not talking about the $30 device referral credit I'm talking about the 25% off game referral credit.

Hey Ssquard, our apologies regarding the misunderstanding. We understand that this answer may not be satisfactory towards you, but due to the game currently being on sale it's ineligible to receive 25% off as our discounts do not stack. Despite this, we're always keeping our customer's best interest in mind and will have other deals and promotions to look forward to in the future. Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Your answer is perfectly satisfactory, I understand not stacking discounts. It would be nice though if that information was easier to find.

Thank you so much for your help.

Glad we could be of help @ssquard. You can read more upon promotions here if you would like. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sorry, but I have a question: am I allowed to put my app referral code in app reviews?

@DougieFresh0323 Hey hey, great question. You are definitely allowed to add it in an app review. The only thing is, however. It most likely won't work properly since it is meant to be sent individually to friends/family members. 

TL;DR - Yes but it might not work since it's really only to send to friends and family. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

pilot140
Explorer

I have the same issue and have been working with support but so far, no luck in getting it fixed.  I have one app showing in referrals but the ones in my app library don't show up>

Hi there @pilot140, we see you are having issues with app referrals. We understand how inconvenient this may be, but we highly encourage staying up-to-date with the support tips we may provide. We understand how tedious it must seem , but we are looking for the best troubleshooting methods to narrow down the cause of your issue and provide the solution you need. 

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and let us know. Thank you!