cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games I purchased on Quest aren't showing up on my PC when linked

kaeleiii
Honored Guest

I purchased a Beat Saber and a couple add ons through my headset but when I go to link it to my PC it says I have no games bought and prompts me to buy it again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are two stores / game libraries: Quest and Rift (PC). Some games appear on both, but they are counted as separate products.

Normally the Quest shows the Quest library, so anything you bought from the Quest store is there. But when you link a Quest to a PC it switches to only show the Rift library.

If a game is "cross buy", you can buy it a second time on the other store for free. Audica is like this, if you have the Quest version you can buy it on PC for free.

If a game isn't cross buy, you need to buy it twice (at full price) to have both Quest and PC versions. Beat Saber is like this.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

DistortedDesigns
Honored Guest

You have to direct connect to you your pc that has the full oculus application on it. You will open the game in your pc and if all goes well it will show up in 3d on your headset. If it doesn't (like me), it will show a split image on your pc window or crash all together, or the oculus 2 won't show up as a headset and won't launch the game at all.

It will not show up in your quest 2 games directly on the headset.... ever. It is basically a remote desktop session and when you launch the game on your pc it will (hopefully) use your quest 2 as the monitor.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there kaeleiii, we see you're trying to get Beat Saber to play on your PC. Currently, Beat Saber isn't cross buy so if you bought it on your Quest headset, you won't be able to play, say, the steam version. These operate as independent versions, much like most games released on console / pc act as separate versions. You should be able to play Beat Saber without the need for your PC. The games you can play on your PC are VR games from different storefronts such as Steam, as well as the Oculus App. Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have purchased 4 games in the Meta Quest 2 headset and none of them show up on my PC app do I have a problem like I have two different accounts I can't even see on the PC app that I have paid for anything I am new to this and would hope not to need to buy more than one copy for one headset 

Hey there, @brentrayward! We can definitely understand your concern with this, it does sound possible that there's another account. It could also be possible that the purchases were made for the wrong platform. Could you send us a PM so we can work to figure this out? Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @brentrayward! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

Hey I have the same problem all of my games on my quest 2 headset are not showing up on the quest app on my pc am i missing something?

There are two stores / game libraries: Quest and Rift (PC). Some games appear on both, but they are counted as separate products.

Normally the Quest shows the Quest library, so anything you bought from the Quest store is there. But when you link a Quest to a PC it switches to only show the Rift library.

If a game is "cross buy", you can buy it a second time on the other store for free. Audica is like this, if you have the Quest version you can buy it on PC for free.

If a game isn't cross buy, you need to buy it twice (at full price) to have both Quest and PC versions. Beat Saber is like this.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

BifMcFly
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue. Bought the game on my headset and it's not in the pc app. Is there a fix for this?

Read my post above. This is working as intended, Beat Saber has two versions, Quest and PC. If you want both, you need to buy it twice. Some games do give you a free version, but doing that is the choice of the developer.