cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games Won’t Update

DC_Nick13
Honored Guest

My mobile app says I have updates ready for almost all of my games, but when I try to update them they won’t update. I’ve gone through many different solutions and even a factory reset to no avail. The weirdest thing being that Gorilla Tag says an update is needed, and when I loaded up the game to see if it had updated, it had, but the meta app still says it needs an update. All of my games seem to be up to date and able to play online despite it saying they need updates, but the one game that doesn’t work is Rec Room. Every time I try to launch it says a new version is available but I’m unable to update the game or even given the option upon loading in. Any help is appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @DC_Nick13! We understand you are needing assistance with updating a few games. No worries, we're here to help as best we can, so you may continue to enjoy your journey in the wonderful world of VR! With that being said, we have a couple of questions for you:

• ​Aside from a factory reset, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried?
  • Have you double checked the network to confirm a stable internet connection before attempting an update?

Please answer these questions and provide as much detail as possible, so we may get a better understanding of why this issue may be happening. We are eagerly awaiting your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @DC_Nick13! We just wanted to stop by to see if you were still having issues with the app showing that you still need updates for games. If you still need our help, please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?