cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games crashing on oculus quest 2

YourGMagma
Honored Guest

Recently whenever I play a game on my quest 2 it will randomly go into a black screen for a second or 2 and then put me right back into the game where I last left off. It doesn’t restart the game or anything. This crash happens every couple minutes or so and is really annoying. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

16 REPLIES 16

Cycl0ps37
Honored Guest

Same thing has been happening to me. That happens but another thing that happens is my screen will have the same 3 dots on a greyish blackish screen and send me back to my home screen. Its bugging me so much on my Quest 2.

Hey there! We want to solve this issue for the both of you! Firstly we have a couple questions.

1. Does this happen with every title? 
  2. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps in the past? 
  3. Does the audio still play during the momentary black screen?

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try and hopefully resolve your issue.

• Clean the sensor with a non abrasive microfiber cloth. (The proximity sensor is located above the bridge of the nose for the Oculus Quest and Quest 2 headsets.)
  • In the boot menu choose the reboot option and check if that solved the issue if not then choose the Factory reset option.(Hold down the power button and the volume down button until prompted with the boot menu, use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and the power button to select the option you choose)

If neither of these options seem to solve the issue please submit a support ticket here so we can put some work in on our end and hopefully get the issue solved for the both of you. Hope to hear from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So far its only been happening with VrChat. I have been playing Rec Room but no issues with that so far. No sound plays on the black screen. Sound only plays when I am put back in the game or if I am sent back to my Quest 2 home screen. I have not tried any troubleshooting steps in the past.

Of course, Cycl0ps! That's what we're here for! If it's only happening on VR chat, we suggest doing a clean install of the application, the issue you described sounds like it may be the game crashing. It could also possibly be a network issue so go ahead and power cycle your router and get back to us as soon as possible! Hope to hear from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I just tried playing Rec Room for a little bit and the same thing happened. I’ll try cleaning the sensor.

whenever i launch battle talent on quest it does loading then home after minutes. i did all troubleshooting steps but not work

RedDaMaid
Honored Guest

The same has been happening for over 3 days and ive restarted the oculus, shutting it off and waiting a minute, and even factory reseting it. And even when i factory reset it i causes more problems like my profile not loading in when there is stable and excellent signal. 

Hey @RedDaMaid, we hate when this happens! This isn't the experience we want any  of our gamers to have. Because you, and many others seem to have a similar issue. we want to get this resolved for everyone as quickly as possible.

So that we can work with everyone 1 on 1, please reach out to us here and we'll get a dedicated agent working with each of you. Thank you so much, we look forward to hearing from everyone!

CobaltSweetPea
Honored Guest

I've started having the same issue yesterday with my Quest 2. Sometimes it recovers, sometimes it doesn't. Any fix? Any contact info for Support?