cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games not showing in my library

CapoVR
Honored Guest
So I recently purchased an Oculus Quest 2 and it will be coming in tomorrow.  I purchased Beat Saber on Oculus.com and the next day I downloaded the Oculus desktop app to have it ready for when my Quest 2 comes in.  Now here is where my problem is.  I do not see Beat Saber in my library on the Oculus desktop app nor do I see it in my purchase history.  I also got some free games from Oculus.com and those are not showing either.  When I look up Beat Saber it is showing that I have to buy it even though I already did buy it on Oculus.com.  Did I do something wrong by purchasing it on the website before the headset comes in?  Please I do not want to spend more money buying the same game just to play it.  

I am signed in on the same account.  Even when I go into Account on Oculus.com and the desktop app, the username and email matches so it is nothing wrong with the account.
19 REPLIES 19

TwrchTrwydd
Adventurer
Sigh......
you should have done some research !
We had this about a million times in this forum - you should have used the search and taken the time to READ !!!!

There are TWO oculus stores.
One for the Rift and one for the Quest.
Since games ar NOT compatible between platforms because of significant hardware differences (Rift is PC-based, Quest is Android-based) it is significant on which store you did buy.
Bought on Rift store, games will not show up in your Quest library
Bought on Quest store, games will not show up in your Oculus-PC library.

There are Games which are "cross buy" (depending on developer decision) - give your search function a try.....

Don't be rude. 
- Biscuits

cassarole4
Honored Guest
What about purchase history??

I still don't show anything, I have the same problem as CapoVR.
Why does it not say I bought beat saber, just one other game?

DoctorMobius
Honored Guest
Think of them as two separate stores - you wouldn't expect to see eBay purchases on your Amazon order page. Like you, I've also been buying games ahead of opening my Quest 2 on Christmas Day... buying cross-buy titles in one store (which appears in that store's library) which suddenly become "free" in the other store so I can add them to that library too.
Oculus should make that process automatic I think, and add a better "cross-buy" flag on both stores.

fishhunt
Expert Protege
i have quest 2 and rift s I have ordered apps on both headsets and they show up in my purchase history

Sewerduck
Honored Guest
Same problem, but I just want to be able to cast my game in full screen to my TV.  I have a quest 2, and currently have my laptop connected to my TV. If I play games from the PC using link cable, they look great on the TV. But if I cast from Quest 2 to the laptop oculus/cast page, it's just a square cutout of the screen. What would be the easiest way to get games (currently on my headset) to my TV in full-screen? Thanks. 

LAK_Karol
Honored Guest

Sigh......
you should have done some research !
We had this about a million times in this forum - you should have used the search and taken the time to READ !!!!

There are TWO oculus stores.
One for the Rift and one for the Quest.
Since games ar NOT compatible between platforms because of significant hardware differences (Rift is PC-based, Quest is Android-based) it is significant on which store you did buy.
Bought on Rift store, games will not show up in your Quest library
Bought on Quest store, games will not show up in your Oculus-PC library.

There are Games which are "cross buy" (depending on developer decision) - give your search function a try.....

I bought final product, why I should make research that there are 2 stores? Maybe should be information before shoping!
I bought quest 2 for wireless gaming, especially for beat saber. No i see i can play it only when connected to pc - it's stupid!

MadErnie
Honored Guest
So if I bought Beat Saber on my Quest 2 headset, it doesn't show up on Occulus on my PC because they are different stores? 

Seems a bit silly to me as they are both on the same account.

*EDIT* Bought a BEAT SABER music pack through Occulus on my PC and it came up on my Ques2 headset so why won't it work the other way?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Beat Saber is not Cross Buy
I agree though its a daft situation.

We had a sticky on this because it's a question that gets asked so often but unfortunately it's preferred that stickies are used for announcements with other subjects kept as pinned threads on a temporary basis.

I think what we really need is a Frequently Asked Questions section where this and a few other queries can happily reside long-term. The single thread we have now which includes FAQs would probably get too unwieldly if we added much more to it.

I'll ask if it's possible to set something up when the new format forum kicks off.