cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games won't show on the headset

FullBlank
Level 2

Hi everyone, i have a problem when i try to launch games without steamvr, basically if i try to open a game without steamvr, the game itself does open on my pc and i can see it from the pc monitor, but my headset doesn't load the game, meaning i am stuck in the oculus home menu (where you can open the desktop, open steamvr and oculus app from your headset)

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @FullBlank! It appears that you are having some issues with launching applications. We definitely understand how immersion breaking that can be and we'd love to look into this a little further with you! In order to gain some clarity on our end, can you please answer the following:

• Are you using an anti-virus application? If so, do you receive any messages from it during the process?
  • Is this Windows account an admin user? 
  • Is your computer compatible and running recent drivers? Does your computer meet these requirements here?
  • Do you receive any error messages?

Once you get back to us with those details, we will be more than happy to assist you further! 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @FullBlank! We just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you were still needing assistance in regards to your games not showing up on your headset. Feel free to reach back out to us if you have any further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help! 

Hi, sorry for the delay, basically, no, i have only windows defender (that says nothing), i am admin and the pc is up to date and basically i get no error, the game seems to run fine, but it's like the headset doesn't receive the signal to sync with the pc, so it's still working on it's own side you know? By the way in a sense i fixed it, by adding the games on the oculus library (before i was launching them through virtual desktop), but some still won't function nevertheless, but i didn't treat them differently than the other games

Thanks for getting back to us, @FullBlank! We see that some games are still unable to launch. Not to worry. We suggest opening a support ticket here. Our support team has the tools to do a deep dive into the root of the issue. If you need some help making one, please let us know. We'll be more than happy to help!