cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games wont download on device

Imperators
Expert Protege

hi im having an issue when trying to download asgards wrath 2, im on q3, every time i try to download the game, the download stops and the asgards wrath icon goes back to install, i normally get between 100-600mb when it does this, the highest download i have got to is 18gb, i have restarted the quest and done a factory reset, there is plenty of space and i have tried different wifi networks. i can download and install other games just not this 1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

This is fixed!

Our team has informed us this is solved (over all issues with games downloading)

Stuck on installation:

1.Restart the headset

Please let us know if this is still an issue to get a better look into this for you! 

We are all mad here.

View solution in original post

392 REPLIES 392

My games wont stay downloading they all go for a little bit then stopped i have tried factory reset, dont know what to do:(

Hey @Pablo171chulo, we see that you are having some trouble downloading your games. We definitely cant have anything interrupting your gaming experience. If nothing installs from your library, try opening up the game in the store, to see if you can force it to download that way. Additionally, make sure that your headset has enough space to download. It is best to have double the space of the game available. If the game is 3gb, make sure you have 6gb,

If that doesn't work, we recommend restarting your router, and reconnecting your Wi-Fi in the headset after it reboots. Remember to get the Quest running correctly, you have to have a good network setting. Additionally, you could try using a hotspot to download your game. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey @Pablo171chulo, please let us know if you are still having issues. We would love to help you get back to normal use of your headset. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have had my Quest 3 for about a week now and this is the problem that has plagued me. Something is wrong when I've been seeing this problem on forums from 2021 and older and there's no explanation of what to properly do.

Steps I've tried so far:

1. Turn off WIFI and Turn Back on.
2. Connect to 2G then Back to 5G
3. Restarted Headset,
4. Held Power Button till it forced a Restart.
5. Factory Reset the headset
6. Tried downloading from apps section,
7. Went to apps store page and attempted to download from there.
8. Went into my router and set a static IP address for my Quest3 based on the MAC address.
9. Went to Quest3 settings and manually entered WIFI/Router info and IP address.

So far no dice.
And it's absolutely frustrating to see this unresolved after so long.

I just want to add I've spent more time trying to download things I paid for than I have got to play games.

Hey @Jmitchell238! I'm hoping you were able to get some help by now but just wanted to check in and see if that was the case. 

If not, I'd suggest reaching out to @MetaQuestSupport through PMs for some more in-depth assistance.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

DripN_Snowflakes
Honored Guest

My quest does not want to download apps. If the app is large it will begin the download up untill a certain point and just quit. I have to click the download button again to restart. 

This continues to happen with everything i try to download. 

I have reset wifi on my headset
I have reset the wifi on my modem and router
Ive turned off my headset 
ive factory reset my headset 

It first started when i tried to download assassins creed nexus 

and now as im trying to download Asgards wrath 

Bruh im about to make a review and post it up with youtube and facebook ads buyers beware 

If you're encountering issues with incomplete game app downloads on your device, it's likely that your device doesn't have sufficient space for new game applications. To address this, first, check the available space on your device. If you find that you need to free up some space, consider transferring your media files to your PC using either Air-link or a USB cable.

For a more organized approach, utilize tools such as Side Quest to create backups of both your media and game data files. This ensures that you can maintain copies of your important files while making space for new game installations. Additionally, periodically review and delete any unused or unnecessary apps and files to keep your device optimized for smooth gaming experiences. Good luck!