cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geographic Location Lost

therealDLKing
Honored Guest

Since updating to Meta from Oculus, now, when I Sign in to Beat Saber, I have to choose my location (North & South America) every time. I've been playing for a year and a half and when it was still Oculus, it remembered my location. Is there a way to get it to remember the location again or will I be forced to re-enter it every time I sign in now?

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We know selecting your location every time you want to play isn't ideal. Let's see what we can do to get this fixed for you.

We suggest trying the following:

• Sign out and back into your mobile app
  • Restart your headset
  • If the first two steps don't work, uninstall then reinstall the mobile app
  • Clear your phone's Bluetooth cache and re-pair the app to the headset
  • Last resort, perform a factory reset. If it comes to this, please ensure the Cloud Backup feature is enabled before doing so.

Let us know if this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again! We just wanted to check back in since we haven't heard back from you here. If you still need our help, please try those troubleshooting steps we suggested, and let us know if they worked or not. We're here for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

therealDLKing
Honored Guest

I logged out and back in with my app and restarted my headset and it didn't help. If the only other thing I can do is go with a factory reset, I think I'll just keep checking my location every time I play. I also still get those annoying pink patterns all over my guardian. All this stuff happened after the change to Meta. Maybe things will get better after you guys settle in. I hope so.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the update! If our troubleshooting didn't fix this bug in Beat Saber where it's making you choose your region, you may want to try reaching out to the developer. They may have a fix, or you can at least report it as a bug to them so they can fix it in an update! You can reach them here.

As for the pink patterns you're seeing with your Guardian, it sounds like that may be something going on with the Space Sense feature. Space Sense a safety feature for the Guardian that allows you to see outlines of people, pets, and other any other objects that cross over the boundaries of your Roomscale Guardian while you’re in VR. Those may be the pink patterns you're seeing! We completely understand that this feature can be distracting and can impact the immersion of VR, so there is a way you can turn it off. 

To turn Space Sense on or off:

1. Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Settings in the top right corner.
  4. Select Experimental.
  5. Scroll down and select Space Sense, then select the toggle next to Space Sense to turn this feature on or off.

We hope that helps! Let us know if you need anything else at all. We're here for you!

therealDLKing
Honored Guest

There is no Space Sense in Experimental. I also tried Guardian but there was no Space Sense there either.

Thanks for letting us know. We went ahead and dug a little deeper on our end to help figure this out! With one of the more recent updates, the Space Sense settings did move. So the first thing we'd suggest checking that your headset is on the most recent update! You can do this manually by following the steps here.

After you've checked that your headset is up to date, we have some updated steps for how to get to the Space Sense settings. You will navigate to Quick Settings > Settings > Guardian > Roomscale > Space Sense. Once you're there, you should be able to toggle Space Sense on and off. You can also find a Space Sense Range option directly underneath the toggle that offers some more comfortable sensitivity options if you don't want to turn it off completely.

Let us know if that works, or if you're still having any trouble. We want to make sure you have the best VR experience possible!

therealDLKing
Honored Guest

Thank you, Guardian>Roomscale> and Space Sense allowed me to find it and turn it off. I hope it works. Can't play right now but thanks for your help.

Oh good! We're so happy to hear that worked! Turning it off should definitely help get your Guardian acting right again. 

Feel free to reach back out if it isn't working right or if you need any other help!