Honored Guest

Hi

PLEASE HELP!!!

Had this game for 4 days now, not go passes the setup screen
yet !!

I am stuck just purchase GHOST GIANT  game for the Quest but it won’t load,

I have seen someone else with same problem on some forum,

I cannot get passed the calibration screen (1st
screen), I press a big red button first (in the game) to the left of screen that’s
fine,

I then have to line the eyes up that’s ok to,

but it then says press menu button to pause on (it shows the
Oculus Home button on the left joystick) but all that does is takes you out of
the game back to the Main Quest menu ?

this is MAD ……. I think it has a bug !!!!!!

Regards

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

onebirdthreestones
Honored Guest

I got stuck here too! Apparently it's because we are still in pause mode when we travel to the main storyline window (where it has setting options, language, sound) do not long press pause, just press it once while you're in that area. Then you'll see animations show up and you get to press the start button. I know it's confusing,  they have you believe that it's just a pause menu, but in reality,  it's where you start the game. The start botton should be at the bottom of the stage looking window. Apparently you can push pause while in the menu, and you won't even realize you're paused. I wish it explained better. Took me forever to figure it out!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Please don't post duplicate copies of the same discussion in multiple sections of the forum. I've removed the others.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone find a fix for this? I have the same problem and I can't get a refund because I played the other game in the bundle and it's passed the 2 hours.

XxKrazee
Honored Guest

Hold the pause button down for 3 seconds, release and game should start no problem. Make sure to hold it down for a few seconds or it wont start the game. For others who might not have found the solution yet. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

how did I duplicate it?

I asked on an old post.

Factory reset fixed mine. Obviously its a quest OS problem.

Holding pause button did not fix issue. Factory reset the oculus? Shoot that is drastic. But if that is what fixes the issue so be it. 

I was stuck on that menu button too.

The trick is to hold the menu button with the same hand you pause the game.  Also pay attention to the grab button, it will show you it should  be right hand or left hand pressing button.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I had the same problem, and it was because in the controller configuration I had the oculus button to be on the left controller. This option must be removed, so that the oculus button is on the right controller and the menu button is on the left controller. If you have After the fall, you probably won't be able to open the menu either. All the best.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I had the same problem, and it was because in the controller configuration I had the oculus button to be on the left controller. This option must be removed, so that the oculus button is on the right controller and the menu button is on the left controller. If you have After the fall, you probably won't be able to open the menu either. All the best.

onebirdthreestones
Honored Guest

I got stuck here too! Apparently it's because we are still in pause mode when we travel to the main storyline window (where it has setting options, language, sound) do not long press pause, just press it once while you're in that area. Then you'll see animations show up and you get to press the start button. I know it's confusing,  they have you believe that it's just a pause menu, but in reality,  it's where you start the game. The start botton should be at the bottom of the stage looking window. Apparently you can push pause while in the menu, and you won't even realize you're paused. I wish it explained better. Took me forever to figure it out!