Did you mean: 

Gifting - Delays Receiving Redeem Code email

wyatt_harmon_56
Honored Guest
Read above ^
39 REPLIES 39

naomi_carter_58
Honored Guest
Hello. I've purchased an Oculus Quest 2 for my boyfriend today and bought the star wars games experience package while they are on a deal. Obviously I had to register myself to make the purchase. Will he be able to access the games or will it only now be through my facebook page? I don't really understand how it works? Do we download the games to the Oculus when it arrives. Can that now only happen via my facebook page? can he register himself as well? can we both register an account for one headset?      

Did you use the 'buy for a friend' option and gave his email address?

If so, what happens is a redeem code is sent to the email address of the person you're gifting the game to. I assume it doesn't matter if his device isn't set up yet, he just needs to set it up under his FB account, then use the codes to redeem the games.

I haven't used the feature yet though so I'm assuming that's how it works.

randy_lunsford_
Honored Guest
I've had similar questions about this function of buying for a friend as well. I bought a quest 2 for my partner and I was trying to determine how to buy games for him without him knowing? I want him to be able to play them but ideally, get them on sale before the holiday. However, I do not want to ruin the surprise by sending him a game code to his email. Can I send them to my own email account and give him the code later? I set out on the Black Friday game deals because I didn't know how it worked and it seemed hard to find much on this. The last thing I want to do is buy a game on an account or in a way that he will not be able to use. 

hymanator
Explorer
I'm wondering how the gifting process works also. A friend sent me a gift, but I received no notification or email. The game doesn't show up in my library and still has the price for the game when I browse for it. My friend has no option to refund the gift either. 

I've had similar questions about this function of buying for a friend as well. I bought a quest 2 for my partner and I was trying to determine how to buy games for him without him knowing? I want him to be able to play them but ideally, get them on sale before the holiday. However, I do not want to ruin the surprise by sending him a game code to his email. Can I send them to my own email account and give him the code later? I set out on the Black Friday game deals because I didn't know how it worked and it seemed hard to find much on this. The last thing I want to do is buy a game on an account or in a way that he will not be able to use. 

I was going to suggest this method to someone else who wanted to gift as a surprise but I wasn't 100% sure if codes were linked to email addresses so I held off.

I assume it's the same as Steam redeem codes whereby anyone can use the code regardless of the email address submitted and the only control is that the code can be used only once.

But I'd like confirmation from anyone who's actually done this before saying for sure! Next time I buy a game I'll gift it to my alternative email to test.

crystal_epperso
Honored Guest
Sent my son one too and he never received it. Very upset at lack of support available 

SilentGuy256
Honored Guest
At least I'm ythe only one where this is not working or at least super slow. This sucks

sksauter
Honored Guest
Just sent one to my brother-in-law this morning and a couple hours later he still hasn't received the code. Does it have to be sent to the account that is linked to his facebook/oculus account?

RataMcWin
Honored Guest
It happenings to me right now. The gift never arrives, we Don't Know It is the *** Facebook system or what. We have the quest 2 new and now the gift is on nowhere placer.