Did you mean: 

Gifting - Delays Receiving Redeem Code email

wyatt_harmon_56
Honored Guest
Read above ^
39 REPLIES 39

Richooal
Consultant
It seems completely unacceptable that you guys are having to wait about 5 hours to get a game.
I mean it's not like it's Boxing Day and the game is for the most popular VR headset sold as a Xmas gift. Remember too, that facebook rushed through this "gifting" thing just in time for Xmas. (even though their customers have been asking for it for about 4 years).

They used to say "patience is a virtue".
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

l_mensinga
Honored Guest
Same here.  No email for them yet.

cdosier90
Honored Guest
Yea same here, also I tried updating my email and it said to confirm using the email they sent me and they haven't sent me anything 

Richooal
Consultant
From one of the other threads (use search before starting yet another one), it seems to be taking around 5 hours for the email to arrive.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

VRChadwick
Honored Guest
My son's uncle sent him a couple of games also this morning and we're still waiting.. what's the deal with this?

Triqunox
Honored Guest
Its seems as tho there is an influx of  purchases today I guess. I too have been waiting for an email and several others pretty lame

falken76
Expert Consultant
Meanwhile all my steam gift purchases went off without a hitch, they even let you set what time of the day they get it...  At least it's good to know that Oculus finally got gifting as an option, took them long enough....

Merged multiple threads on the same subject.
Please add a comment to an existing thread rather than create a new one as it otherwise causes other threads be suppressed, and they may be asking for help with a problem too.

naomi_carter_58
Honored Guest
I just wanted to update anyone who is new to this like I was...I appreciate a lot of people understand how this works but I didn't when I started the process and was trying to buy Oculus as a gift.
If you want to buy an Oculus as a present, you can not buy games for it until the person you have bought it for has set up the Oculus and registered it to their Facebook account and selected email address. Once they have done that you can then buy a game as a gift but you need to ensure you know their email address as they will get notification via email - when you buy as a gift it will ask you for the registered email address to send it to. So you can only purchase a game if they already have an Oculus account and registered headset and linked/registered email account. 
If you buy a present via your registered Oculus account you can not transfer that game to their account. I made this mistake and had to go via the chat support (who were super helpful) to get a refund.  
If you have to get internet to your tv via a box then you will need a chromecast to cast the view onto the TV. 
Hope this is remotely helpful to somebody at some point....    

That happened to me too did it work out or have you still not gotten the game?