cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gitch headset

ROASTY79
Honored Guest
Hi, So I have been having problems with my headset I think, it glitches and I can still hear sound but then goes to the oculus home page and says not connected to HTMI port then connects and works again for about 2 minutes. Oculus sent me a new headset but this does the same. Oculus told me to format my PC which I did and installed the drivers but it is still happening. At the moment its just an expensive paper weight  
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try using a different video port on your video card. For example using a DVi-to-HDMI or DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ROASTY79
Honored Guest
its something to do with the USB port,  every since the windows 10 update and touch controllers. never had an issue before them. I have been speaking to support and keep getting the same answers. it is nothing to do with my hard where as everything was ok before hand. When is this update coming   

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, if the USB connection is not working, it can also say the HDMI port is disconnected. I'd try switching USB ports for the headset (try both USB 3.0 and 2.0). Switching video ports, as I originally requested, may help side-step the issue if it is indeed an HDMI problem. You can also try updating USB drivers for your motherboard, or buying a supported USB add-on card like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?