cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glasses Wearers Beware. The Quest 2 is not suitible

Ajbolle
Explorer
Glasses wearers beware! Your device will be ruined through normal use!
within week my glasses and quest 2 are wrecked because the glasses spacer dosnt work! After 2 you can hardly see a thing. It will ruin you glasses as well. You cant help but move the device on your face which causes glasses and the very soft lenses to contact and scratch both. A glasses spacer is included but did not work
I contacted support who at first passed me from one customer service advisor to the other. Initially being told to reset my headset despite sending photos of the lenses and the clear scratches. 4 days ago I got the last message that said I would get a solution within 36 hours. They havnt responded to my last 2 messages at all!
It's a £300 device nearly every app costing £5 upwards. I really shouldnt be having to put this on social media in hope I get a response.
Oculus my ticket number is 2712335.

I have had to post this here , facebook and twitter let's hope the actually respond now. This isnt a way to treat customers9eb2qt70lch7.jpg
bnxlh8qdlfbu.jpg218o6uzo83r5.jpg
9 REPLIES 9

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
Yes

My partner wears glasses.  The spacer allows clearance BUT it doesn't prevent the glasses from touching the lenses if they come off your face because they can still move about inside the gasket.

You can buy a set of lense protection frames from AMVR for £18

If you have no luck with Oculus Support lots of people have had excellent results removing the scratches with polyWatch for £5.

Have a look at this eyewincing YouTube where someone does what they can to destroy their Q2.  They use polyWatch to remove the scratches!

Ajbolle
Explorer
Thanks for this great advice which again should be coming from oculus not another user. I wish I had the advice before believing that oculus has it covered with the glasses adapter. ANYONE ELSE WITH GLASSES PLEASE LISTEN TO ANDYS ADVICE!!!. 
Oculus suggested they where working on a solution so I'm reluctant to use the poly watch untill I find out as I dont want them to blame me although I have order some already.
I really cant believe how bad oculus customer service is. 

inovator2
Expert Protege

inovator2
Expert Protege
I have no problem using the spacer when I can't use my contacts. I use a croakers headband to prevent the glasses from going into the headset. I tried polywatch with my old oculus cv1 that I sold. It worked great. I wouldn't be afraid to use it on my quest if I had to. You dont have to get it perfect.  Just enough where the scratches dont effect the visuals. 

Ajbolle
Explorer
I received a reply including the following 
"Thank you so much for your patience as your case was brought to my attention!

I sincerely apologize for the extended delay in response - rest assured, you weren't being ignored, we're just working through a larger than normal ticket volume at this moment. I'm happy to continue working with you however!"

I'm greatful to see a bit of customer service. They are going to help me sort it out. Thanks for your tips! 

Again in really do want to repeat to all of the glasses users. Buy those rubber protectors or something. It isnt worth this hassle!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I still find it hard to believe that some people are scratching their lens using appropriate sized glasses.  Even without spacers my 140x40mm high index (thinner than normal) glasses never come close to doing this with my Q1/2, Rift cv1/S, Go, or Vive Pro.  Maybe a problem with smaller heads and/or people who apply too much head strap tension.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had no problems using the glasses spacer and glasses so far either.

420inPortland
Expert Protege
I HIGHLY recommend EVERYONE install some of the soft screen protectors on this device, even if they don't wear glasses. The fresnel lenses are plastic and scratch easily, and these can be picked up for $5 for a 2pk on eBay, or about $10 on Amazon if you need them in a hurry.  
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124491406758?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3AAQAFAAACQBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4...
Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too late both my brand new glasses and device are scratched dead center in my vision. I hope they provide a better product in the future so other people are not out replacing their glasses the next week.