cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glasses wearers

Wild_Star
Honored Guest
Hiya - New here and only recently received my Oculus Go. Prior to purchasing I was concerned that I may have to wear my reading glasses to use this (my distance vision is fine) and tried reading around to see if that was going to be the case. I couldn't actually find an answer, apart from you can purchase replacement prescription lenses or use the supplied rubber insert to ease use with glasses.

However, I just wanted to post this for any others that this may concern. My prescription is for reading and close work (+1.5 each eye) and I haven't found a problem with using the Go without my glasses 🙂

Just wanted to post this as I couldn't find anyone who has referrred to not needing to wear glasses if you have a mild reading glasses prescription. My wife also has reading glasses (+2.0) and says she has no issues with it either. I cannot comment on higher prescriptions though - sorry.

Hope that helps someone...

2 REPLIES 2

wuzp
Rising Star
My forum "trust level" does not yet allow me to post links, BUT... on June 14, 2018 Oculus Support answered the following Amazon product question, regarding the Go:
  • Q. What is the focal distance of the Go? Will reading glasses be the correct prescription to wear?
  • A. The targeted focal distance at the center of the frame for Oculus Go is 1.3 meters. The focal plane of the virtual image is not a flat surface but a curved surface, so the focal distance varies based on factors like eye rotation, the visual field and manufacturing tolerance.

Wild_Star
Honored Guest
Ah, great info and explains why I don't need my specs!
I didn't find that Q&A when I was looking but it does seem to explain my own findings.
- thumbs up -