cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was banned on Gorilla Tag

saoddopmn
Honored Guest

My kid got indefinitely banned from gorilla tag because someone thought she cheated with a mod or hack. Believe me when I say this isn’t true she wouldn’t have the 1st idea how to do this. Can someone help me get the account unbanned?

146 REPLIES 146

Hi Folks 

My son got banned recently from gorilla tag for singing a song in the lobby for 3 weeks. 

Now there is no process of appeal regardless of the discord nonsense. 

I have a couple of issues:

1. The game is useless without interaction and in some sense violates the contract law between the purchaser and agent. That being the product has no specific violation policy against singing and the user receives no warning but the app keeps the money and coins exchanged. There is no fair method of appeal. 

2. On examining the game in debug mode - we notice that there is some critical vulnerabilities around security specifically around the user details - tokens and epap protocol on how the app and oculus work. These can be exploited to gain user details and login creds. (ie manipulate the invite links) QED

3. No reasonable person could expect a 13 year old to be able to understand the appeal process on a discord server app. 

4. After paying for this app and being left quite frustrated by this I'm disappointed that meta is allowing this type of behaviour to occur and worse allowing a rogue app to operate with our kids. 

5. if one was malicious one could exploit this app and brick some oculus sets (something i am tempted to do)..

Do better Meta - ask the devs to link the appeal form in the app...tighten up the security and enable 2FA ....

Ask them to clearly define their categories for banning - what is toxicity? is it a child singing a song?

As for other parents reading this - delete the app or wait for the oculus to become bricked. 

God bless 

Chris

My son has asd and was banned for 2 weeks for singing in the lobby.

No warnings 

No appeals...the discord is useless

My son who has asd was banned for 2 weeks for singing in the lobby.

No warnings ...no appeals process..the discord is nonsense ..no young child can figure the discord out. Game is useless while banned ..no support from devs ...this game is a joke ...their well able to take and keep the money you spend on it though...if I'm honest gorilla tag is not child friendly or safe. Do better meta on screening the apps.

ThaStank
Honored Guest

Go to the official gorilla tag discord then type /ban appeal and fill it out

EmotionalDamagelol
Honored Guest

There’s no way to get unbanned, unless you wait your best chance is to switch oculus account.

speedcubinggamer
Honored Guest

My problem is that I got falsely banned for apparently having a invalid account in gorilla tag so when I want to submit a unban request I can't use the in game computer to get my gorilla tag user id what should I do? Can you please unban me from gorilla tag

Yikes. I wish there was a way Meta can help but we can only look into things if it has to do with your VR account. Gorilla tag banning we can't help it has to be talked to with the Developer if any case. I hope this post finds you well. 

We are all mad here.

Do you have the link or is it in the stupid game?

stackajacka
Honored Guest

Hi! If you are wondering how you can get unbanned, the oculus company doesn’t have any way of unbanning you. Only the interventions team, lemming himself, or Another Axiom. If you want to get unbanned, go to the official gorilla tag discord and go to the ban appeal section. hope this helps monke 🦍

Hello! To explain why you got dog piled, you are not allowed to say your ban appeals in the server. There is a ban appeal section in the how to channel. There you can ban appeal. Good luck monke 🦍

I’ve been banned in Gorilla Tag for a false reason and would like to submit a ban appeal, but to do so, I need to see my player ID. When you are banned in the game, the computer doesn’t show your player ID, so I have no clue how to access it. Can someone help me?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?