cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gorilla Tag Black Screen (after Terms of Service)

bustamove.2023
Explorer

I have had the same issue for over a month.  I’ve shut down, restarted, deleted, reinstalled etc, all to no avail.  I contacted the App developer and never got a response. When you launch the game you have to accept the terms of service.  After you do that the screen goes black. The game is still running but you can see anything.  There is sound and you can hear yourself moving around.  Always requires acceptance of service terms and then black screen. Please help….  My gorilla tag tickets from Another Axiom are 11653 and 13668.

21 REPLIES 21

starkiller554
Honored Guest

We checked the time. Correct, deleted AppData no luck. Factory Reset twice and still not working. Black screen after terms of service. Any one have any luck another way?

We did try all these . The time was correct and AppData clearing didn't work. I had high hopes after a factory reset but we still had same issue. Maybe we are toast?

It didn’t end up working for me either 

It is still not working for me.  I’ve done all of the recommended fixes:

1.  Deleted app data

2.  Change time settings

3.  Deleted and reinstalled app

4.  Factory reset and reinstalled 

Axiom keeps acting like it is just me….

OK I figured out what my issue is. I’m using a parental controls app, Circle.  It was filtering access to the game’s URL.

Trips1129
Honored Guest

I had the same problem. As soon as I changed the time setting to auto, the game worked again. 

How do you fix it?

Does it delete all you cosmetics if you clear app data?

It was working fine 20minutes ago 😒

zorthage
Honored Guest

My son ran into this starting today. Followed the steps to change timezone (it was already automatically set), clearing app data, uninstalling and reinstalling, and even a factory reset. Nothing seemed to work, has there been any other suggestions to get past the terms of service screen? 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?