cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gorilla tag and Rec Room not loading

crazyhedgeyhog
Honored Guest

My son had the quest 2 for Christmas and since yesterday Gorilla Tag and Rec Room won’t load. The monkey logo flashes up quickly sometimes but then the screen just goes black. With Rec Room the screen is just blank. We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both apps but that hasn’t worked 

6 REPLIES 6

Nfwego
Honored Guest

We are having exact same issue.  Exact same games.  Tried contacting support through chat and it keeps closing the chat.  Zero help.  

Zade.Adventures
Honored Guest

I have the same problem, bought 2 quests for the kids for Christmas we have not been able to play a single game on either headset all games just go to a black screen. Tried all the headset resets, even did a factory reset on one and still nothing.

Mary.589583
Honored Guest

Same issues with gorilla tag and rec room but other games working. Also gorilla tag told me to pair my headset but it’s already paired.

Nfwego
Honored Guest

For gorilla tag it seems it's and app permissions vs parental controls issue.  When the kid downloads it it doesn't give the proper permissions.  If you look at the app needs storage and microphone I think?  If you enable those on the app on the kids side gorilla tag will work.  Still working on rec room with these idiots at meta customer service. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! We hate to see you're all having the same issues with Gorilla Tag and Rec Room not loading properly. We understand how this can hinder your gameplay, and we would love to jump in and assist! If you could, please try these steps:

• Uninstall and reinstall the apps
  • Make sure your internet has a good connection
  • Restart your device

If those steps above don't work, we ask you to get in contact with the Developers of the game to see if they can resolve the issue for you all since they will have the tools and resources to do so. For Gorilla Tag Developers, please click this link here. For Rec Room Developers, please click this link here. We hope you find these steps helpful!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again everyone! We were just curious to know if the troubleshooting steps we shared with you did the trick and if you managed to get in touch with the developers about your concerns. We genuinely hope that you've been looking after yourself! We're eagerly waiting to have a chat with you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?