cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gorilla tag not working

AaliyahEmma
Honored Guest

I updated my gorilla tag and now every time I try to play it I can’t the screen goes black and an agreement form pops up so after I agree to it the screen stays completely black!! Can someone please help me

34 REPLIES 34

Hi there @bustamove.2023! Thank for letting us know you were able to resolve the Gorilla Tag issue! We had a spike in volume to work through, which caused us to reply late. 

We hope everything is all good now, and if you have any other concerns for us, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Do you know how to remove that or do I have to take off my parental controls

Boomerjo
Honored Guest

Hey my gorilla tag isn’t working on my oculus quest 2, every other game works just not gorilla tag. I have spent lots of money on the game but now sadly I can’t play the game, I have multiple accounts and it works on every other accounts just not the one with money spent on it. I load in to a black screen then 3 dots appear and I get loaded out every time. I have reinstalled it multiple time and even done a factory reset with cloud backup enabled and nothing worked. Please help Meta Quest.

Hey @Gsirchio! We understand how fun and exciting playing Gorilla Tag can be, and this is never the experience we'd want any of our users to have. It looks like @bustamove.2023 is using a third-party app that allows users to filter a game URL. If you have this app as well, we recommend checking the app to ensure you are not filtering the apps that you would like to enjoy. However, if this is not the case, we recommend contacting the developer for more information on how to resolve this issue. Same with @Boomerjo; after performing those troubleshooting steps to no avail, we'd also like to recommend that you reach out to Gorilla Tag's developer support.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

westpest
Honored Guest

I just got the meta quest 2.  I installed Gorilla Tag and it does not appear to work.  To the right I see what looks like a cave with coloured walls.  It just stays on that.  I uninstalled and reinstalled same thing

Thank you for reaching out to us, @westpest! We would like to begin by expressing our gratitude and appreciation for being a part of the Meta Quest family! We understand the fun and excitement of playing Gorilla Tag, but this is not the experience we want any of our users to have. Unresponsiveness in our games is a source of frustration for us, and we would be happy to help as much as we can! 

The first step we recommend is restarting your headset by turning it off (press and hold the power button until prompted to shut down the headset), then leave it off for 10-20 minutes before turning it back on. If the game is still unresponsive, we suggest un-installing and re-installing Gorilla Tag and attempt to play it again . As a last resort, we recommend performing a factory reset.

Also, have you attempted to launch another application? If any other game or application works fine, it's most likely an issue with Gorilla Tag itself rather than your Quest. If Gorilla Tag is the only game or app that's unresponsive, we kindly request that you reach out to Gorilla Tag's developer support for assistance.

If the issue proceeds, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time, we are here to help in any way we can! We hope you have a great rest of your day!

Hey @westpest! We're following up to see if the troubleshooting steps we provide have resolved the unresponsiveness you were experiencing while playing Gorilla Tag. If that's not the case, can you describe the troubleshooting you've carried out, what you're experiencing now, and if it's exclusively when playing Gorilla Tag? We look forward to hearing from you soon!

I did perform your instructions, power off etc etc.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  The app downloads, then installs.  When opening the app I just get a quick glimpse of a white outlined monkey for a few seconds then a black screen in front of me but if I look to the right side it looks like a cave with coloured walls??..    I have not done a factory reset!!!  All other apps (several) I have installed are fine so, a factory reset would remove all that I have installed etc and is not an option for me and I do not think is required.  I have uninstalled it.

Thank you for giving all of that a try! Since you've confirmed that all of your other apps appear to be working just fine, we do recommend reaching out to Gorilla Tag's developer. It's possible they may also suggest performing a Factory Reset (after properly backing up your save progress with Cloud Backup), so we're re-providing those instructions here

Please reach out again if you have any other questions or concerns!

Hey there, @westpest! In case our recommendations didn't completely resolve things for you, we're here for you if you need any more help!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?