cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics card is not compatible with quest link | 3080 ti

Bloodbath0001
Level 2

Hey everybody. This has been an ongoing issue and I am starting to lose my mind. Both my friend and I have oculus link compatible machines, including our GPUs. I have an rtx 3080ti, and he has a rtx 3060. Over the last couple of months we have been unable to play using our headsets without reinstalling graphics drivers because of the incompatible graphics card issue. The only way we have been able to mitigate it is by reinstalling drivers every time we want to play pcvr. Has anyone found a fix to this? We are on completely different machines and are the only people in our friend group with the issue, as well as the only ones with 30 series cards. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We know how much fun it is playing PCVR, and it's even more fun with friends! That being said, we also know how much of a hinderance it is to reinstall your drivers each time you want to play. We want to get this sorted out for you and your friend as soon as possible! To start, we have a couple questions to better understand what could be causing this issue:

• Are you playing on a laptop, or a PC?
  • Have you attempted to reinstall your Oculus Drivers? Here are the steps to do so:
    1. Close the Oculus app
    2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
    3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
    4. Open oculus-driver
    5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again

We look forward to hearing from you!

Hey! Thanks for the detailed response. Upon trying this I was able to play PCVR titles for about an hour or so. The issue arose when I came back to my headset to play again later in the day. I got the same GPU bug upon unplugging my headset(I play with airlink) Thanks again for your time.

-Aiden

Hey again, Bloodbath0001. That definitely sounds like it's a pain to deal with, for sure. We'd recommend reaching out to our support team if the previous steps didn't help out. Here's the link for reaching out. You can open a live chat or an email ticket!