cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics card not compatible upgraded to 4090 RTX

Xstincshun
Explorer

Has anyone been able to get 4090 to work with Quest app? Every setting I use says my system does not meet minimum requirements.

System specs:

Intel i7-13700

Gigabyte 4090 RTX

32g DDR5

WIN11 22H2 - Fresh install all drivers updated.

I upgraded my whole gaming system and it worked fine on my previous setup with a 3080.

I'm trying to use it mostly for DCS, but just getting it to work properly with Quest Link without error is impossible.

Screenshot 2022-11-02 161051_cut.jpg

Quest app checks out fine and all tests pass. Tried two brand new cables.  All connections are good, default Mhz (72). Plays fine when not linked. Just can't play VR when connected to PC.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

System_Specs.jpg20221028_220456.jpg

27 REPLIES 27

FYI
The Oculus application works fine with the 4090 and it's doesn't say you don't have the minimum requirements or blocks you from using Link/Air Link and I was able to play the PCVR games just fine... hence my original reply.

sotalife1
Honored Guest

Just got off of support chat with meta and apparently the 4080 is too new of a card and is not supported until the engineers fix it. I'm assuming if that's the case your 4090 is in the same boat. Sucks because PC VR is where it's at I didn't just buy the quest 2 for standalone mode so now I wait......

SaneBG
Explorer

What are you talking about, guys, I bought 4090 yesterday, and AirLink is working just fine. There is a message that my PC requirements are not met, but I just ignore it, and I played for around 6 hours yesterday in SteamVR

Seems that your settings may not be saved due to the Meta app not recognizing the card - at least some dude showed that issue about a month ago. So check if the Quest 2 does not constantly default to the default res/setting - that will secure great performance though, but will reduce image quality 🙂  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

ProGirl2014
Protege

Latest and greatest cards should work from day one when they are released. What are we talking about ? They should just update the support list with 4080 and the mighty 4090 and then fix it along the way.  Regarding their performance well it should be atleast on par with 3090 until their "engineers" look into it to see how pc gaming is done. 

That's not how things work - new gpus and new operating systems are not automatically supported by Meta. You wait for Meta - they sure do not wait for you 😉

It took Meta about a year to support Windows 11, not really sure it's fully supported yet depending on your hmd. Do not buy new gpus before Meta supports them - and do not take for granted that new gpus will ever be supported

Right now Meta has limited focus on PCVR, there's no guarantee that RTX 40x0 cards will ever be supported. 

I waited months to be sure my RTX 3090 was fully supported before I bought it - VR is my highest priority, and I do not gamble. 

New gpus are supported the minute they are included here - not before, and do not assume anything before you can see new gpus on the list:

https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/meta-quest-link-compat...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

That's utter bull*it. You told that story at least 6 times on Reddit and on other forums. I do not wait for anything. You sound like you have a lot of personal issues, being so conforming. Waiting for meta? Are you kidding me 😄  I'll just buy another headset in a heartbeat instead of waiting for someone else decides when or what I'm playing? Be a man, dude, stand up your ground.

However, there is no need because RTX 4090 is perfectly compatible, and besides the notification issue "that's not supported," I'm having a blast in PCVR with it and Quest 2. Played HL: Alyx on 120hz with steady 120fps via AirLink 200MBPS and 1.9x superscaling and tons of other games in the last five days. (The settings didn't reset, I checked)

Cheer up!

Then you do not have any issues - congrats! 🙂

If all are happy I guess this thread has served its purpose. In case some are not happy - then do not buy new gpus before Meta supports them. 

There are currently 2 issues with the missing Meta support of the 4090. One is the message that pops up and is just a little annoying. The other thing is that Asynchronous Spacewarp can cause artifacts. As a test, you could start Borderlands 2 VR and watch any cutscene video. There is massive image interference. Other players complain about the same issue in other games too. It shouldn't be hard to fix, but Meta needs to support the 4090 for it.

Using an Asynchronous Spacewarp with 4090 should be against the law.