cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guardian Floor Level

FBIagent916
Explorer

I cannot get my guardian to calibrate the floor level. It seems to be elevated about a foot. It changes my height in the game. I've done a restart and clearing history. Can anyone help me. Super frustrating. 

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. That's no way to game. Let's see what we can do to help you.

Could you please try the following:

• If the floor level is incorrect, press reset. Then slowly touch the controller to the floor and stand up.
  • Restart the device
  • Factory reset -steps included HERE (only as a last resort)

Let us know if this helps you at all. We wish to get you back to gaming this weekend.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

If I factory reset, will I lose everything. Or will it still be with my oculus account? 

Hey again. You can back up data to the cloud with instructions HERE before you factory reset your device.

Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account. It will keep track of your purchases.

We have provided a link for you with the options to do a factory reset from the headset or smart phone HERE.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for the help. I had to do a factory reset, but it did not fix my problem. Is there a way to contact technical support? 

That was actually the next thing we were going to suggest here! Here is the link you can use to start a support ticket: https://metaque.st/Support. Our team is ready to help get this all sorted out!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@FBIagent916 wrote:

I cannot get my guardian to calibrate the floor level. It seems to be elevated about a foot. It changes my height in the game. I've done a restart and clearing history. Can anyone help me. Super frustrating. 

I've found it best to set the floor height (with your controller thumb stick up/down) during guardian setup so it's a little below my actual floor level and this seems to help with standalone games.  I just use stationary guardian btw.  I don't find that the Quest home setting that tries to set this automatically works very well and I've found it best to just do this manually once in a while.

For PCVR using Link or Air Link I find I often need to call up the Rift home dashboard (easy to also do this while in the game = right oculus button) and go to settings, then guardian, then redo guardian (I just use stationary guardian btw).

Anyway, hope this helps.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

@TomCgcmfc wrote:

I've found it best to set the floor height (with your controller thumb stick up/down) during guardian setup so it's a little below my actual floor level and this seems to help with standalone games.  I just use stationary guardian btw.  I don't find that the Quest home setting that tries to set this automatically works very well and I've found it best to just do this manually once in a while.

" = can you elaborate on this a little bit, or dumb it down so a beginner can understand how to do what you're suggesting, like easy step-by-step insructions?  Like how could you even set the floor level of the guardian-boundary UNDERNEATH your own floor without ripping up the floorboards of your house?  What is guardian setup, and what is stationary guardian?  I'm a newbie so I don't understand these terms or what I should do, because I have the same problem as the OP. 

@MetaQuestSupport wrote:

Could you please try the following:

• If the floor level is incorrect, press reset. 

Where is the reset button exactly? Or what settings/menu do I click on to find this? I have the same problem as OP, every time I turn on the Meta Quest 2, the guardian boundary line is technically correct, but the "floor level" is actually 1-2 feet off the ground!  It's been doing this 100% of the time for the last couple weeks.  And it's a new glitch too, it never used to do this for the previous few months I've had it.  This is a bug that just started happening recently.  How do I fix it?

@MikeRockford wrote:

@TomCgcmfc wrote:

" = can you elaborate on this a little bit, or dumb it down so a beginner can understand how to do what you're suggesting, like easy step-by-step insructions?  Like how could you even set the floor level of the guardian-boundary UNDERNEATH your own floor without ripping up the floorboards of your house?  What is guardian setup, and what is stationary guardian?  I'm a newbie so I don't understand these terms or what I should do, because I have the same problem as the OP. 

Sorry, not sure I'm smart enough to dumb it down much more, lol!  As a VR noobie you are best to learn to use google to help find solutions.  Going to the Meta support website to find simple answers is also a good idea;

https://www.meta.com/en-gb/blog/quest/you-got-a-quest-2-heres-how-to-set-it-up/?utm_source=www.googl...

As far as setting the floor level goes, you normally just follow the guardian setup instructions and touch the controller to the floor, or you can also use your controller thumb stick up/down to move the floor level up/down.  I like to set mine up so I see that it is a little bit below items on the floor.  This is very easy to see with passthrough.  All stuff that you'll find out over time.  Have fun mate and best cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers