cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halo in front of each eye

Friman999
Honored Guest

I have a white halo in front of each eye when I use my Quest 3. It is in the upper right corner of my left eye and in the upper left corner of my right eye.

They tend to almost disappear after some time, does the Quest 3 need to "warm up" ? Is it normal behaviour ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your answer !

After some tests... each time I use my Quest 3 I have some condensation on the lenses, it disapears after some time because the headset heats. When I wipe the lenses, the condensation comes back as soon as I put the headset on my face, so it took me some time to realise what it was 😐

I didn't have this issue with my Quest 1, because it is further away from my face... So no techical issue here, I just need to have a little more space between my face and my headset...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

gnuffe
Adventurer

I have a Meta Quest 3, and I use it every day, but never once have I had a halo on the lenses on bootup.

I think if it isn't a problem for you and it doesn't seem to be breaking anything, you should be fine to continue using it. And if it then decides to break, you should be able to get the headset fixed quite easily if you've still got your warranty.

Can you supply more details on this phenomenon?
Like if it's physical, digital, or an artifact, or an issue with the lenses. Can you supply any pictures?

Any details would be great for diagnosing the issue and finding out if it's a problem or not.

Thanks for your answer !

After some tests... each time I use my Quest 3 I have some condensation on the lenses, it disapears after some time because the headset heats. When I wipe the lenses, the condensation comes back as soon as I put the headset on my face, so it took me some time to realise what it was 😐

I didn't have this issue with my Quest 1, because it is further away from my face... So no techical issue here, I just need to have a little more space between my face and my headset...

Glad you found out it wasn't a probelm with the headset itself. As always, if you have any more issues with your device, we'll be here to help. (that's we as in the community and meta support, i don't work for anyone👍)

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?