cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Tracking with Unknown Sources

zakq2014
Honored Guest

So I've started a unity project using the Oculus Integration asset and made a build with all the right packages, then exported the APK onto my Quest 2. When I open the app from the unknown sources library, it launches and runs perfectly, although it requires hand tracking for the game and whenever I put my controllers down or try to launch without them, a popup blocks me telling that I need to use my controllers. (It also offers to turn on pass-through mode to find them) Does anyone know how to disable this and allow the app to open with hand tracking?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey zakq2014,

Have you already solved this problem? I am with the same issue...

VR_Marco_
Honored Guest

I am also still looking for a solution...

Hey @VR_Marco_! We're just dropping in to see what issue you're having so we can further assist. We look forward to your response! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there! We're just following up with you to see if you still need assistance. If so, please let us know and we'll assist. We hope you have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, thanks for answering.

Yes, I still need help: I want to use the Hand Tracking feature of the Quest 2 and developed a unity app for it. But as soon as I start an app "from unknown sources", it tells me, I have to switch to controllers.

Is there a way to start my app without controllers? Switching back to hand tracking when the app ist started, doesn't work.

Hey @VR_Marco_ ! Thank you for that information. You may have better luck in the developers form. We're not trained to handle specific developers questions. We do hope that you can find this information helpful!