cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a setup nightmare, need to run two commands at once. Help please.

Zumble91
Level 2
Hey guys,

I'm somewhat technologically savvy, but I'm no IT guy. I recently purchased a rift, my update continuously crashed so I attempted to uninstall and reinstall my rift. I'm having no luck figuring this reinstall out and forget how the initial one was done. My previously line up commands didn't work. My C drive is an SSD and only has enough space for the OS. For some reason in 2018 we still need to use a command prompt workaround for selecting an install path on a different drive. So I need to use the work around for the install path to launch the installation program. However I need to use a second work around because for whatever reason the program won't recognize my Windows 7 patches and is "missing" kb2670838 and kb3033929 despite them both being installed along with the recommended version of C++. 

So I somehow need to simultaneously launch with the command to work around the Drive install path, and the updates. I've been trying for 3 hours straight now. The only other alternative I see is to buy another larger SSD and migrate my entire OS onto it but this all seems a bit unnecessary to install a piece of software. I'm not sure what a basic install path isn't an option from the get go.

Thanks for any help,
Zack
3 REPLIES 3

RedRizla
Level 15
You can install Oculus on your OS drive and then choose to install your apps and games on another HDD or SSD. You don't have to use a command prompt for installing to another drive if I understand you correctly? When you install a game it will ask you which drive you want to install it to and you just install it to the drive of your choice..

Zumble91
Level 2

RedRizla said:

You can install Oculus on your OS drive and then choose to install your apps and games on another HDD or SSD. You don't have to use a command prompt for installing to another drive if I understand you correctly? When you install a game it will ask you which drive you want to install it to and you just install it to the drive of your choice..

Its requiring that I have 15gb free on my SSD in order to install. My SSD is basically only big enough to hold my OS and some small amounts of excess storage but not big enough to install the Oculus program.

RedRizla
Level 15
Hmm, I think I would invest in a bigger SSD if I was you and install Windows 10 on it. I know that doesn't solve your current problem, but in the long run I think you'd be happy doing this. Hope someone can help you achieve what you are trying to do. Good luck..