cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues with link with quest 2

CommunistGoblin
Honored Guest

So i have had this quest 2 for about a month now and about 1 week ago it started having this issue. starts with me having to reinstall the drivers for the pc app of oculus then i get to go to my desktop then i launch the game i want to play from steam. anywhere from then on it will kick me back to the oculus home and will reaquire my pc as a link, ask to open the link and if i do open the link i might get like 40 Second's of play and will kick me back to the home again and ask to reopen the link and so on and eventualy it will never get back to the pc and just sit's there with the oculus loading icon floating in a black space, so ill have to go to my pc reinstall the drivers and start all over again.

Am running a GTX 1080, Ryzen 1600x and using a quest 2

5 REPLIES 5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

You are probably best to contact Oculus Support and attach your logfiles.  No way there is a simple one key fix, lol!  I do not have any similar problems with my Q2/rtx3090 with link or Air Link using the latest win10 and nvidia updates.  Also, using v34 on my Q2 and v35ptc with my oculus desktop app btw.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

CommunistGoblin
Honored Guest

i have, lol? not like i can't ask here and send a support ticket.

@CommunistGoblin  Ya, no problem posting here just in case I guess.  You'll probably get another one-post-wonder saying they have exactly the same problem, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there TomCgcmfc, we are sorry to hear about your link. This can be a bummer playing your favorite games. No worries we will help to the best of our abilities. 

In some cases the airlink needs to be toggled with to make sure it is set, or we may need to collect logs in a support ticket and or private message. 

Lets try these simple troubleshooting steps to see if it helps. 

• Check that both of your PC and headset on the same local network
  • Try toggling on/off the Air Link toggle in PC App > Settings > Beta.
  • Reboot your headset and restart you PC software

If the issue persist, please feel free to private message us or submit a support ticket with the link below. 

Click Here 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@MetaQuestSupport  I don't actually have any problems with my Q2/rtx3090 using either Link or Air Link using Oculus recommended setups.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?