cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with new controllers

Bravjonno
Explorer

I bought a used quest 2 from my cousin. It was factory reset and didn't come with the controllers. I bought a left and a right controller from meta (had to wait a week to get them) and when I turned the headset on, the controllers wouldn't pair. I pulled the strips out from the bottom of them, and tried putting the controllers into pairing mode, and it didn't work. So I tried to pair the headset with the meta app and its telling me to update the headset. So I can't pair the controllers without updating the headset and I can't update the headset without controllers. Can anyone help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bravjonno
Explorer

I've found a solution to this. In case anyone else has had the same issue, I found a v43 update online and manually installed it on my headset with adb on from my PC in bootloader mode. Then I could pair my headset to the meta app and proceeded to pair my controllers to the headset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We see you're experiencing some trouble with updating your headset, and we'd love to provide a helping hand.

We suggest factory resetting your headset once more, and uninstalling/reinstalling the Oculus phone app.

Let us know if this helped!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you. I'll try it as soon as I get home from work

Bravjonno
Explorer

I've found a solution to this. In case anyone else has had the same issue, I found a v43 update online and manually installed it on my headset with adb on from my PC in bootloader mode. Then I could pair my headset to the meta app and proceeded to pair my controllers to the headset.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?