cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with new controllers

Bravjonno
Explorer

I bought a used quest 2 from my cousin. It was factory reset and didn't come with the controllers. I bought a left and a right controller from meta (had to wait a week to get them) and when I turned the headset on, the controllers wouldn't pair. I pulled the strips out from the bottom of them, and tried putting the controllers into pairing mode, and it didn't work. So I tried to pair the headset with the meta app and its telling me to update the headset. So I can't pair the controllers without updating the headset and I can't update the headset without controllers. Can anyone help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bravjonno
Explorer

I've found a solution to this. In case anyone else has had the same issue, I found a v43 update online and manually installed it on my headset with adb on from my PC in bootloader mode. Then I could pair my headset to the meta app and proceeded to pair my controllers to the headset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We see you're experiencing some trouble with updating your headset, and we'd love to provide a helping hand.

We suggest factory resetting your headset once more, and uninstalling/reinstalling the Oculus phone app.

Let us know if this helped!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you. I'll try it as soon as I get home from work

Bravjonno
Explorer

I've found a solution to this. In case anyone else has had the same issue, I found a v43 update online and manually installed it on my headset with adb on from my PC in bootloader mode. Then I could pair my headset to the meta app and proceeded to pair my controllers to the headset.