cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head strap quest 3

nick.ormerod.52
Honored Guest

Hi is anyone else getting headaches after having the quest 3 on for about 20 minutes or so . Never had this problem with quest 1 or 2 can't wait for 3rd Party straps to come out 

7 REPLIES 7

J40NYR
MVP
MVP

I'm actually suffering a little by this myself. Problem is the Quest is certainly made with the best technology for the lowest price meaning items such as facial interfaces and straps are usually replaced by users to increase comfort.

It's very much a subjective thing and everyone is different. I'm personally waiting for the VRcover facial interface as for me I prefer a softer PU leather type over the more solid fabric interface it comes with

Quest 2, Quest 3, PCVR, Meta Wayfarer

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @nick.ormerod.52 and @J40NYR! It's important to us that this issue you're reporting with your headset is properly addressed! We certainly don't want these experiences to go unnoticed, so we ask that you folks open a ticket up with our support team here when you get a chance, if you'd like! They'll have the necessary tools on-hand to explore the available options for getting your VR gaming experience back on track. We look forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi MetaQuestSupport 

Nick.Ormerod.52 here sorry posted on my second account 

There is nothing that we can click to report problems with the strap hope this does not put off first time users to vr as the Quest 3 is the best so far as I have Quest 1 And 2 and have had so much fun with them and never had problems with there stock straps hope you can find a solution as the cost of a 3rd party head strap puts the price up more .

Thanks for getting back to me 

Hey again @Second_Player_VR, seeing as the link was not helpful, here's the link again (Meta Store Support), but this time it takes you to the contact page. We know the strap is affecting your VR experience and we want to help you out on this as much as we can!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

matts13
Honored Guest

I am getting headaches as well. I haven’t been able to play for more that n hour, tops, and I get. Screaming headache. I am using the Nordquest comfort strap and while it feels comfortable, I think that there is undue pressure on my forehead. Ergo, a big fat headache.

Mustang-Maggie
Explorer

I just got my Quest 3 and am getting terrible headaches after wearing for less than 20 minutes each time. The headache goes away within 5-10 minutes after removing the headset. I never had this problem with my Quest 2 even after having it on for 4+ hours. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I can't believe it is the strap or the interface. Thanks 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Mustang-Maggie! We'd like to start by thanking you for being a loyal Meta Quest user! Here at Meta Quest, we take health and safety seriously, so we kindly ask that you take a break from playing with your Quest 3 and click here to visit our safety center so that you can review our health and safety guide.

Moving forward, our recommendation is to take frequent breaks, drink more water, and adjust the fit and feel of your Meta Quest 3 to your personal comfort level. Additionally, to determine which apps will be most comfortable for you, review the comfort ratings for Meta Quest store content before playing any games or apps.

We hope this helps! However, if you have further concerns, please don't hesitate to send us a PM! Please make sure you're logged in to the community before attempting to send us a PM. To access our profile page, either select our name or click here! Next, click 'Send a Message' to PM us.

May your day be filled with joy and happiness!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?