cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset Jitter Until Keypress?

Gaijin01
Explorer
I have a brand new rig, less that a week old. I was sick of the tracking problems with hands jumping around:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 
16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Nvidia GTX 1070
MSI Z270 Gaming M5 with "VR Ready USB Ports"
1TB SSD

My original tracking issues are gone, but now after a short time (less than 10 minutes) The video will jet very choppy and laggy with poor frame rate. THe video on the screen is still fine, It causes nausea immediately. THe funny things is that as SOON as I press a key on the keyboard, the problem goes away for a while, but when it comes back, a simple press of a key fixes it. I have already disabled all the power management features.
Anyone else struggle with this? 

4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
Could be a strange conflict with your keyboard. Can you try plugging in a different keyboard, or at least switching the USB port? Maybe uninstall any special keyboard software you have.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Gaijin01
Explorer
I just tried using the mouse instead of the keyboard, and it fixes it as well, it seems as soon as the computer idles for a bit it happens, and then anything that would keep it from idling stops it

cybereality
Grand Champion
Check your power management settings and make sure they are on high performance, and not set to go to sleep after a few minutes or something like that. There is also a setting on the USB port (usually in the BIOS) to not have it go to sleep.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Gaijin01
Explorer
I already have disabled all the power management features, and there is no bios setting for usb power management... its driving me crazy!