cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset already linked to a Meta Quest account

leviathan.248393
Honored Guest

I am trying to set up my new Meta Quest 2, I have set up the Oculus App on my iOS device and have progressed through the set up on the head set to the point where is is displaying the pair code. When I input the pairing code into my iOS device a warning appears that says 'Headset already linked to a Meta Quest account'... its a new headset now its locked on that screen when I boot the headset up and I can not progress any further.

17 REPLIES 17

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @leviathan.248393! We don't like to see our users having this kind of issue with their devices. We know how crucial it is to get this issue sorted out and get you up and running to experience all that the VR world has to offer. Not to worry. You should send us a PM so we can look into this for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

RadiatedPi
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue on the android version of this app, with a headset I've been using for months.

Hiya @RadiatedPi! We appreciate you coming out here for some assistance. We'd be more than happy to lend you a hand with getting your headset paired to the mobile app. Here are some steps you can try:

1. Turn off the headset.
  2. Hold the Power and Volume Down (-) button together until the menu loads
  3. Use the Volume Buttons to highlight Factory Reset and press the Power Button.
  4. Use the Volume Buttons to highlight Yes and press the Power Button.
  • Clear Bluetooth cache
  • Log out, uninstall then re-install app, log back in

If you continue having issues with pairing your headset, you may need to factory reset your headset and re-try pairing your headset. Make sure you have cloud backup enabled, that way you don't loose your apps and games. If you have further questions or concerns, please reach back out anytime. We'd be more than happy to continue assisting you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hiya there! Just reaching out to see if you still needed assistance with pairing your headset to the mobile app. We'd be more than happy to continue helping you out. We hope to hear back from you. 

Prophet67
Honored Guest

Been having a similar problem but when I type my paring code it doesn’t find my head set (quest 2)

I’ve set up my son’s quest 3 with me as admin and him as a secondary user. I have meta IG and FB logins and my iPhone connects and can be cast to when I’m logged in. I’ve tried loading oculus app on his iPad and iPod and we keep getting a message about the oculus already being connected when I enter the 5 digit pairing key. Is there no way for him and I both to have app access?? It’s very frustrating and I’ve factory reset three times playing around with these settings.

I am having the same issue. I linked my daughter’s iPad first thinking I should also be able to link my phone as the parent device.  Is this not allowed?  I am also wondering if this why I have not received my email offering  my free copy of Asgards Wrath 2. Do I need to link a device to my account to initiate the free game?

Hey there, @jesscm22 and @BigLuna! We really want to help you both sort out the pairing issues you are having. @BigLuna we'd also be happy to help you look into your Asgard's Wrath 2 redemption issue.

Please send us a private message so we can look further into this for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

RowanCharlton
Honored Guest

I am having same issue. Had no help from support despite me saying what the clear issue was and I was re-directed to do a bunch of other stuff I've already done. Ended up being told to factory reset device but this did not solve issue. High stress involved.

My partner has a Meta account and set up their account first on the headset using that and the Meta app on their personal phone. Fully linked and all fine. I have my own Meta account and went to set mine up via head set and Meta App on my own personal phone. After getting to the final stage of entering a five digit code displayed in the Headset into the mobile phone app, it said, "headset already linked to a meta quest account".

If the Meta Quest 3 headset can allow multiple accounts, and when my partner is logged into their account on the headset and connected to the Meta Quest app via their personal phone, why am I not successful when doing the same thing?

My partner is able to connect to MetaMove and this connects to their phone app then health app in phone.

When I login to my account via the headset and then try to complete set up for my account on my phone it says, "headset already linked to a meta quest account". But I am using my own personal mobile phone and app on my personal phone to connect to the headset and yet it will not allow it. Therefore, I, myself, cannot connect to Meta Move and via my own health app on my own phone as I cannot set up my account fully.

This is a design flaw.

The fact that this has not been fixed means you need to actively look into and change this. It is a rather straight forward, and simple question and request. Could not say any of above clearer.

Please help. We are your customers and you need to fix your device. 
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?