cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset goes to sleep after 1 minute or so, black screen and can't do anything after waking it up

Plexware91
Honored Guest

Hi everyone, just encountered this issue today with my Quest 2 after 3 weeks or so of not using it. It boots up normally with the oculus symbol and I just ran virtual desktop as usual, then it went to sleep as I was using it. Waking it back on shows black screen, I didn't hear anything and can't do anything, pressing or holding the buttons on the controller does nothing. So I leave it aside and picked it back up 30mins after.

Same issue so I did hard reboot. This time it boots up showing the meta logo which is new, the menus are changed too. After a minute or so it happened again, it went to sleep and black screen after waking up. Then I left it for 2 hours thinking the headset is updating itself, plugged in the original charger just in case.

After 2 hours, turned it on and same issue again. After awhile of trying to figure it out, I performed factory reset. Same issue happened still post reset.

I have cleaned the proximity sensor, tried to tape something to it, took off the face padding, etc. with no luck and I'm all out of ideas. Can't seem to find anything on the internet too on this issue.

Before factory reset, the version was v40. I'm not sure the version before the new meta logo appear.

Appreciate if anyone can help out with this problem, thanks in advance.

Edit: I do see the three dots appear after waking it back up, then its just black screen.

Staying in the boot menu even for 5 minutes does not trigger the sleep issue.

4 REPLIES 4

itsolliebob10
Honored Guest

Happens to me I just held the power button then pressed cancel and it solved it

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Plexware91! itsolliebob10 is right on the money! Holding down the power button to force a reset is usually enough to get past these things. If that reboot doesn't work, let us know! You can send us a chat or email by following this link. Your Meta Store Support team is standing by and ready to assist!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Plexware91
Honored Guest

Holding the power button after waking it back up does not show me the back, restart or shutdown menu so I had to restart it which after about 1 minute it will go back to sleep and black screen again after waking it .

qiudp_01
Honored Guest

Did you solve this problem

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?