cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset not connecting with app(phone)

missourinow123
Honored Guest

I have a smart phone, its a android zte and i restarted it and have the meta quest app on it. I cant use the vr headset because even though I did a factory reset on the headset it says I have to pair it with my phone. It gives me a code but my phone keeps searching for the headset and cant find it. So theres no place to put the code in. Im sure I had bluetooth on. Can you give me any help? The phone works ok and isnt that old. Why isnt it connecting or pairing the devices. I think the headset is a meta quest 2 and is at a library. I tried this at several different libraries and had no luck. The factory reset took a long time for it to load but came back ok. It then gave a 5 digit code but no place to put it in, on my phone.

3 REPLIES 3

BennieNaude
Honored Guest

Same here 

billharris.2022
Honored Guest

Same here also, any clue how to fix?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @missourinow123, We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your pairing issues.

We love books, and libraries, and the free Wi-Fi they provide! But they do have a tendency to limit their networks in a way that could cause issues with pairing, so we would recommend using your home network, or another non public network that wont have limitations. You may also want to try uninstalling the mobile app, restarting your headset, and then re-installing the mobile app again. And if that doesn't work, we would also like to request you try pairing to another device.

And if you continue to have issues from there, please send us a PM. Select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport, then, click "Send a Message" to privately message us so we can investigate your case further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?