cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset not found when putting in pairing code

Temtsu
Honored Guest

I just got my Meta Quest 2 a few days ago and finally got to setting it up. I got to the part that it tells you to go into the Meta app and pair it with a 5 digit code. I got the point of putting the but each time I put in the code it tells that it couldn't find a headset with that code. I know I put the code in correctly all those times but it just keeps saying that there is no Meta Quest 2 headset with my code meaning I can't finish the set up meaning my Meta Quest 2 is unusable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Temtsu. We can definitely understand how concerning it is when a headset won't pair correctly with the mobile app, and we'd be glad to help out however we can! Here's some troubleshooting to run through and see if it helps: 

• Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on and the headset is turned on.
  • Ensure the app and headset are using the admin account, and not an additional account.
  • Clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone. (see below)
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset.
  • Power off and then back on again. If unable to power off the headset normally, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus application on the phone.
  • Ensure the phone and headset are connected to same wireless network.
  • If using a dual-band router, also make sure they are connected to the same band (2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz) as well.
  • Try using a different phone.
  • Factory reset the headset

Bluetooth information may vary from device to device.

On an Android device

• Open Settings and go to Apps.
  • Go to Bluetooth
  • Tap on Storage and Clear Cache.

On an iOS device

• Open Settings and select Bluetooth.
  • Forget every Bluetooth device in the My Devices list using the "i" icon.
  • Restart your iOS device to clear the cache. After restarting, you will be required to re-pair with Bluetooth devices again.

Let us know how it turns out! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Temtsu. We can definitely understand how concerning it is when a headset won't pair correctly with the mobile app, and we'd be glad to help out however we can! Here's some troubleshooting to run through and see if it helps: 

• Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on and the headset is turned on.
  • Ensure the app and headset are using the admin account, and not an additional account.
  • Clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone. (see below)
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset.
  • Power off and then back on again. If unable to power off the headset normally, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus application on the phone.
  • Ensure the phone and headset are connected to same wireless network.
  • If using a dual-band router, also make sure they are connected to the same band (2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz) as well.
  • Try using a different phone.
  • Factory reset the headset

Bluetooth information may vary from device to device.

On an Android device

• Open Settings and go to Apps.
  • Go to Bluetooth
  • Tap on Storage and Clear Cache.

On an iOS device

• Open Settings and select Bluetooth.
  • Forget every Bluetooth device in the My Devices list using the "i" icon.
  • Restart your iOS device to clear the cache. After restarting, you will be required to re-pair with Bluetooth devices again.

Let us know how it turns out! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Temtsu. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

Hi thanks one of the options you said which was uninstalling the app on my phone ended up fixing it.

We're glad to hear it! If there's ever anything else we could help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer, please feel free to reach out to us! 

kamalharinag
Honored Guest

Hi, I am having same issue with my device as well. I have done everything from above steps, but still my app says "Headset Not Found". Can you please advise what can I do to connect headset? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Along with the ludicrous instructions above: Stand on one hand, juggle a bowling pin with the other hand while balancing a knife on your head, while roller skating down hill...... and mine STILL WONT PAIR !!!! What a freaking joke!! Having to blue tooth a phone to setup a piece of hardware is the most unintelligent thing I have ever seen in my life. HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Meta Quest support please reply to my above comment......hahahaha...i bet you wont...

Hey there @Anonymous. Thank you for reaching out to us with this issue and we deeply apologize about this problem occurring for you. We would love to get this resolved as fast a possible so that you can get back to enjoying your device like it was meant to be enjoyed!

At this time, could you please go ahead and uninstall the mobile app from your phone and then perform a factory reset on the device by following the steps when you click HERE. Once the factory reset is completed, please reinstall the mobile app and try to get it paired up again. We hope this helps, but feel free to reach back out to us if this issue persists.

Have an awesome day! 😃

Hey there! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having. Did you still need assistance with this matter? Talk to you soon! Have a great day!