cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset not pairing

lauren.n.smith.1048
Honored Guest

Hello, I have tried everything and the headset will not pair. I am new to this whole experience and I need assistance. I would like to speak with someone.

Lauren S
14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Lauren.n.smith.1048! We noticed that you are experiencing some issues with getting your headset to pair to your phone. We definitely understand how troublesome that can be and we'd love to help you get this issue resolved as quickly as possible! We are providing you with some troubleshooting steps for this issue as we have seen these steps work for multiple users before. Please perform the following:

• Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on and the headset is turned on.
  • Ensure user and headset are using the primary account, and not a secondary account.
  • Clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone. 
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset.
  • Power off and then back on again. If unable to power off the headset normally, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus application on the phone.
  • Ensure the phone and headset are connected to same wireless network.
  • Last Resort - Factory Reset the headset. 

If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve your issue, we urge you to contact our Support Team so that we may assist you further! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again @Lauren.n.smith.1048. We are just reaching back out to see if you are still having problems pairing your headset to the mobile app. We are looking forward to an update and figuring all of this out with you. So that you can experience the wonderful world of VR, we want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello,

I am still having problems pairing the device. Please assist.

Thank you.

Lauren

Lauren S

Thank you for letting us know @Lauren.n.smith.1048, seeing as you have done a factory reset, we want to ask of you to reach out to us on Meta Store Support. We have better tools there to assist you on this matter. Hope this was helpful and we hope to see you in VR soon!

I am still in need of assistance and I have tried everything and I need a call number so I can resolve this problem. Thank you. 

Lauren S

Hey there, @Lauren.n.smith.1048. We see that you would like to speak with someone from our amazing support team, and we definitely want to help you with that. Please note that when you select the following link to connect with us, we will have different selections available, such as a call-back option. Hope this was useful.

Hello,

I am still having problems pairing. 

Lauren S

I am still having problems pairing my headset. I purchased a cable link  to see if the headset will show on the computer and It only will shows this:

laurennsmith1048_0-1672617918023.png

It does not show the headset icon at all. I do not know what this means or how to address this issue. 

Please assist.

Thank you

Lauren S

I am still having problems pairing my headset. I purchased a cable link  to see if the headset will show on the computer and It only will shows this:

laurennsmith1048_1-1672618072161.png

It does not show the headset icon at all. I do not know what this means or how to address this issue. 

Please assist.

Thank you

Lauren S
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?