cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset not recognizing controllers and sending me to void

User298
Explorer

I have a Quest 2 that I got a bit ago and everything has been working fine, but recently when I tried to go into Air Link, I got an error message, the type where it says 'this app is not responding' but it said the guardian was the app that wasn't responding, as you do I hit the "close app" button before I had realized what the message was and then stuff wasn't working so I restarted the headset, but here's where the problem starts: When the headset turned back on, the controllers wouldn't show up and the only thing about them that showed was the dot, the dot would turn blue when a button was pressed, but I couldn't move the dot thus not allowing me to input my pattern. After restarting the headset, taking the batteries out of the controllers and putting them back in, I tried just using the headset mode for when there are no controllers where you press the volume button to select stuff. And it worked! Kind of... I got through the pattern but then it put the headset to sleep and sent me to the void. I do not know what is happening, and I do not know what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

User298
Explorer

I have found a "solution" by myself and it is to take the batteries out of the controllers before turning the headset on.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh no, not the void! Let's get you back in the action! We are happy to help. We suggest a factory reset, but make sure you store your data on the Cloud first https://metaque.st/CloudBackup. If the issue persists, please reach out to Support and create a ticket https://metaque.st/Support

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thought it had been solved for a bit but when I tried to play a game, it started again.

If completing the factory reset didn't fix your issue, then it would appear that this is an issue with the hardware. We also recommend unpairing and repairing your controllers to your headset! That has fixed tracking errors in the past, and is a good go to step when you are experiencing controller tracking issues:

First,

• Open the Oculus app on the phone.
  • Tap Settings from the bottom menu.
  • Tap the headset that is currently paired.
  • Tap Controller, then tap the desired controller to unpair.
  • Tap Unpair Controller.

After your controllers are unpaired, complete the following to repair your controllers

If not already done, insert the included battery into the controller, then tap Continue on the Oculus app.

• Open the Oculus app
  • Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 in the top left corner of the Oculus app
  • Tap Settings in the bottom right corner of the app.
  • Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 under the user's name and email.
  • Tap Controllers then tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to pair.

If these steps don't prove useful in getting your controllers to track properly, the we recommend submitting a support ticket through either email or chat options here: https://metaque.st/Support! When sending your support ticket, please add all the troubleshooting steps you have taken to speed up the process! One of our excellent Support agents will gladly look into what options are available to you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

User298
Explorer

I have found a "solution" by myself and it is to take the batteries out of the controllers before turning the headset on.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?