cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset solo?

Jeffg11111
Honored Guest

Hi I have an option to buy either just a headset or with the controllers. if I have absolutely no interest in shooting games or killing games or any of that kind of thing will I be happy without the controllers? I will definitely want to do Fitness things thanks so much

5 REPLIES 5

FeatheredFiend
Honored Guest

Look up the requirements for the fitness program you will use. Most require controllers. Also, I don't think you can set up hand tracking without at least one controller.

I don't believe you can normally perform the initial device setup without both controllers.

KatStorm
Explorer

You're not going to be able to do most fitness programs without the controllers, or do most of the in headset settings. Basically they're required.

Choleni
MVP
MVP

You definitely not will be happy without controllers......not only shooting games need controllers, most games - fitness games included - need them. There are not so much games using hand tracking out right now.

And....you might change your mind after a while and want to shoot some enemies🤣....so don't buy without controllers.

deejeevee
Heroic Explorer

Most games and apps use the controllers, including rhythm games like Beat Saber and Synth Riders.

Here are two good games with hand tracking:

Elixir - FREE

Waltz of the Wizard: Natural Magic

» Get a $35 credit in Canada on a new Quest 2 or 3 — but you must use a referral link BEFORE you activate your new headset!
  (Works for the UK too, but if you're in the USA you should use a referral link from the USA due to certain restrictions.)
» Get 25% OFF games or earn $5! Learn how and see my game referral links here: How app referrals work
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?