cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset stays on when charging

winner180
Honored Guest

Hi there,

I haven't used my Quest 2 for around or month or so, and have finally gotten round to using it again, however, I have a pretty major issue. Whenever I charge the headset, it turns on and stays on. I tried turning it off through the software as well as holding down the power button until it turns off. I've left it to charge for 2 hours and it only charged 2%! 

I've disabled all the wake-up features, so I don't think it's that either. I've removed the lens cover and it has made no difference. This issue seems to have come about with the software update, as when the Oculus logo was visible it was fine, but with the new Meta logo there appears to be problems. 

I also can't update the software anymore as it is below 50% and won't charge up!

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there winner180, we understand you're having an issue with getting your Quest 2 headset charging properly. We certainly want to help you get this resolved as quickly as possible! We'd first like to have you try different chargers to see. and attempt to factory reset your headset by following the steps in this support article: https://store.facebook.com/help/quest/articles/fix-a-problem/troubleshoot-headsets-and-accessories/t... If you find that you're still have the same issue. Please reach out to us in a private message so we can gather some information from you. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?